Lafarge North America

www.lafarge-na.com

Selling core aggregate and concrete assets across North America will continue.

Safety Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLafarge used to be a great company to work for. Great compensation with bonus plan with many talented employees. Growth potential and advancement opportunites were numerious.

ConsLafarge in the United States is only a shell of what it used to be. The Company sold many assets the past few years to pay for it's burdensome debt from a middle east purchase of several billion dollars. It was a strategic move that failed and the United States and Canadian operations are paying for it by being sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts too late. You missed the opportunity to retain leadership in the United States and Canada. Selling off all your business will only continue to destroy value in North America. Senior Management in France made a terrible error in judgement and now is committed to see it through even though it is not in the interest of its shareholders.

lots of work for not much pay

Project Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good working eviroment and people Cons: over worked, low paying, no time off No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for

Financial Accountant (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

I have been working at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Really good benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life, disability, reimbursements for gym memberships and awesome maternity leave policy! Most management is capable… Cons: Business structure and environment CONSTANTLY and QUICKLY changes so if you're not used to working… Advice to Senior Management: With all the constant changes, communicate plans better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lafarge North America.

Worked for Lafarge North America? Contribute to the Community!