Lafarge North America
www.lafarge-na.com Reston, VA 5000+ Employees

Excellent career & learning experience

Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee)
Joppa, IL

ProsLafarge has a nice salary structure and health benefits package. The company values safety more than many others and although the process of working safely for some is a pain in the rear, I welcomed it.

ConsNot many. A down or slow economy creates a "doom and gloom" atmosphere and "do more with less" attitude, but most all industries will experience the same. The cement manufacturing & distribution industry is like a roller coaster ride.

Look at the recent employee survey and figure it out

I have been working at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There was a time that the company was making good decisions… Cons: Everybody for themselves. Your good ideas get taken away and given credit to who ever is the most dominant. There is very little opportunity to… Advice to Senior Management: Lafarge has put pure managers in place and has NO leaders. The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Deteriorating infrastructure

Safety Advisor (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Lafarge North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good hard working people. Accepts change easily. They historically… Cons: Management is somewhat snobbish. New management pushed out most of the knowledgeable experienced managers and replaced with a good buddy system that rewards each… Advice to Senior Management: Build on the infrastructure that is in place. There are no more quick fixes, look to make steady improvements. You have launch enough… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lafarge North America.

Worked for Lafarge North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lafarge North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lafarge North America CEO John Stull. All reviews posted anonymously by Lafarge North America employees.