Not great expirence !! People are stiff!

Former Employee - Marketing  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Few cool people, Cool office, casual dress, not much else.

Cons

-There is minimal job training and support from management- the induction period felt more as if I was under investigation as opposed to being trained to do a job. Perhaps this is because the management felt they owned the company and the fear that young crowd will take over with the new approaches. My manager was paranoid every time I spoke to vendors. He doesn't trust anyone besides himself. He thought  he was more clever then anyone else around him, he was constantly rambling and haven't shown any progress. He wasn't a great mentor. He didn't know how to bring the best out of the people. They spend huge amounts of time and resources making sure everyone "fits in" with the the culture - cover your tattoos! At the end of the day I felt like an outsider and lost because I wasn't receiving help from anyone when I asked for it and I never understood what role I was playing in the company.  Expect to have your email and calendars monitored.

Give your employees a little more freedom.

Other Reviews for Lafayette 148

Unprofessional atmosphere

Former Employee - Design Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Design Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent product construction. Great store presence. Clean, stylish offices. Good sales staff. Expanding distribution and product categories such as accessories.

Cons

Plagiarized designs, unprofessional atmosphere, poor design direction, cliquey coworkers, difficult to hostile personalities.

Protect workers from creative director, indemnify the company from creative lawsuits stemming from uncreative talent.

Foundation built on dishonesty

Former Employee - Off Price
    Former Employee - Off Price

I worked at Lafayette 148 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean offices, near Chinatown, mostly women

Cons

I was told to do one thing by my supervisor, then later told to do the exact opposite by upper management on numerous occasions. I saw VPs lie openly on more than one occasion just to save themselves and be praised. The pay is a lot lower than other companies. The company stays open on most Holidays.

Rethink.

There are newer employer reviews for Lafayette 148.

Worked for Lafayette 148? Contribute to the Community!