There are newer employer reviews for Lafayette 148

Not great expirence !! People are stiff!

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Few cool people, Cool office, casual dress, not much else.

Cons

-There is minimal job training and support from management- the induction period felt more as if I was under investigation as opposed to being trained to do a job. Perhaps this is because the management felt they owned the company and the fear that young crowd will take over with the new approaches. My manager was paranoid every time I spoke to vendors. He doesn't trust anyone besides himself. He thought  he was more clever then anyone else around him, he was constantly rambling and haven't shown any progress. He wasn't a great mentor. He didn't know how to bring the best out of the people. They spend huge amounts of time and resources making sure everyone "fits in" with the the culture - cover your tattoos! At the end of the day I felt like an outsider and lost because I wasn't receiving help from anyone when I asked for it and I never understood what role I was playing in the company.  Expect to have your email and calendars monitored.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a little more freedom.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This company looks great for the first couple of weeks but then the cracks really start to show.

I worked at Lafayette 148

Pros

-The younger employees are great at trying to keep the team atmosphere alive.
    -If you keep your head down, don't have any too-creative ideas and have a limited social life, you will excel.

Cons

-CEO has hired unqualified friends and family to work at high level positions, which makes normal work life extremely difficult.
    -Majority of upper management has 4 day work week schedules, making time frames and due dates shorter.
    -Management likes to pit employees against each other, making for an every-woman-for-herself atmosphere.
    -Company is comprised of 85% females that LOVE to hold grudges, making for added tensions between employees.
    -Employee benefits are catered to married-with-family employees.
    -Design styles are a season behind and look copied from other brands.
    -You are expected to work a lot of holidays, weekends and late nights. You barely have any time left to take your vacation days, which HR makes difficult.

Advice to Management

No one ever wants to go to HR because they are always on the defensive and look after the bottom dollar, not the employees interest. Dealing with the travel system takes forever since the approval team has no clue what they are doing and they take forever. PR "royalty" should have been cut a long time ago. The company spends a lot of money on frivilous things, rather than on the employees salaries.

Unprofessional atmosphere

Former Employee - Design Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Design Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product construction. Great store presence. Clean, stylish offices. Good sales staff. Expanding distribution and product categories such as accessories.

Cons

Plagiarized designs, unprofessional atmosphere, poor design direction, cliquey coworkers, difficult to hostile personalities.

Advice to Management

Protect workers from creative director, indemnify the company from creative lawsuits stemming from uncreative talent.