Lagasse

www.lagassesweet.com

Blue collar mentality

Pros

Benefits of the parent company.

Cons

Good ole boys club is alive and well - Senior management can't make a decision to save their lives.
Backstabbing is the norm. Work life balance is non-existent. They talk about the importance of culture - but they don't live it.

Seek professional help. Learn to listen to the customers and your own people. The sellers are out competing for the business and fending off competition...you would be wise to listen to what we have to say

Other reviews for Lagasse

Good culture, despite unclear direction and lack of decision making at the higher levels.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Great building, kind coworkers. Ability to work with multiple departments and learn a lot. Very community oriented and the associates put in admirable efforts with charities all over the country.

Cons

Leadership doesn't really put their foot down to make many decisions and the company seems to be run by a bunch of individuals pulling things in various directions and no one seems to have a sense of what the company is or where it's going.

Put all resources into an attempted project, rather than split everyone up, and have them all try to accomplish the same thing in different ways without any group actually having the right resources. Invest more heavily in IT. The company makes almost all decisions manually, and inconsistently. And must type in what's happening operationally into a very antiquated ERP that doesn't suit the needs of the business at all.

Probably a typical used-up-and-spit-out temp experience

Former Employee - ICRA - Inbound Customer Relations Associate  in  Oaks, PA
    Former Employee - ICRA - Inbound Customer Relations Associate in Oaks, PA

Pros

Regular work schedule, easy (but mind-numbingly repetitive) work, lots of free time

Cons

From the moment I stepped foot in LagasseSweet's call center, something felt off. This was my first (and hopefully last) temp job. There were tons of empty desks and cubicles. It looked like they had just finished cleaning house and were bringing a whole new crop of employees on.

I naively saw this as an opportunity to prove myself and get in on a fresh "ground level" working for a growing company.

I took Lagasse's overdone and torturously slow training course for an entire month (yes, for a 3 month job you spend a month in training....this is how you know it's going to be terrible) and came back down to the call center--only to discover even more people had suddenly disappeared. And of course, it was VERY hush hush as to what caused their disappearance. The most I was able to get from management was "They are no longer working for Lagasse".

Of course I didn't realize this at the time, but after I too was let go for complete BS reasons, (despite hundreds of happy customers and plenty of people who asked if I could exclusively handle their accounts), I realized the truth: LagasseSweet claims to value their employees and exclusively hire former temps but, they run people through like a conveyor belt so they don't have to pay out benefits and salaries to the majority of the temps that work there. 525 hours go by and you're out the door without so much as a thank you, acknowledgement of your work, evaluation or feedback that you can take with you to another job.

The reality is, they don't have enough work to keep most people on full time, which is probably why they go through so many temps. The problem with this is that if you work a morning to evening shift, it leaves you absolutely NO way to go to interviews at other possible future employers. And of course, they're not going to let you take a single personal or sick day or afternoon doctor's appointment because they want to squeeze every last dime out of the labor they can get from you.

LagasseSweet is in the process of finally upgrading their horrific website and will be replacing their 90s era, windows xp Trend order system over the course of the next year. If you are an ICRA you would be an absolute idiot to think that this reality would not completely jeopardize your job and the need for it. Call volume is just going to continually decrease and along with it, the need for people in your role as the website will continually siphon your former phone customers away.

Speaking of phones, on a typical 8 hour day, I would guess that approximately one and a half to two hours would be spent doing NOTHING, browsing the net and waiting for a phone call to come in. Because that's the job. You sit there in the queue with 30 other reps waiting for phone calls. Occasionally you may be called on to follow-up with someone via e-mail but there's very little actual accountability on anything because you are a disposable peon, are not valued, and are expected to spend every possible moment on that queue.

I seriously wish I had never wasted my time working for this company but as we all know, if you say no to a job that a temp agency offers, they'll never call you again.

You expect WAY too much out of your ICRAs, particularly when it comes to fixing the errors in orders that your fax team makes CONSTANTLY, even though they are paid more. So not only do I have to place orders all the time, but I also have to answer to long-time customers who are irate that your fax team screwed up and ordered them the wrong item or shipped it to the wrong location. Then, as if that wasn't enough, you REQUIRE us to CC that person's supervisor and them on the mistake they made? Right, cause that's what you want to do as a new person, tick the long timers off so you're guaranteed not to have a job. Not to mention the amount of time that this wastes when there are other calls in the queue.

There's also no excuse for using such an absolutely atrocious networking system in this day and age. I can't count the number of times I had to shut down windows and restart the wyse terminal in the middle of an order because the system locked up. Trying to give the customer the best experience possible over the phone is entirely negated when your billion dollar company won't spend the money to get a decent IT infrastructure.

I worked my tail off for you guys and the best I got was a 4pm phone call from my temp agency telling me that we were done.

Truth told, after about six months in this position, I probably would have been ready to kiss the end of a shotgun anyway because it's that tedious. Thank you to both you and my incredibly noble temp agency for the opportunity to get used for all I was worth and then tossed aside like a condom.

There are newer employer reviews for Lagasse.

Worked for Lagasse? Contribute to the Community!