There are newer employer reviews for Lagasse

Is it Lagasse or Lagasse Sweet?

I worked at Lagasse

Pros

Nothing really coming to mind...

Cons

For starters, the office building is incredibly small and dusty with half of the rooms on the second floor being unused. They are an incredibly low budget company that uses an outdated computer program called TREND which constantly freezes while you are on a call with one of what seems to be many of their impatient customers.

They have a quick turnover because they only hire through temp agencies and dismiss the notion to actually hire anyone directly. As for the people who have been working there for more than a couple of months (which aren't very many), they remind me of high-schoolers, emailing gossip back and forth all day instead of assisting customers and letting calls build up in queue.

As far as the actual daily tasks, I sat at my desk for 8 hours everyday staring at my computer screen answering questions about janitorial and food service products. It took everything in my power not to fall asleep or completely die from boredom.

The managers like to think they are laid back,but the the truth is they are just silently judgmental if you don't kiss up to them. The pay is very little also, about half of the people working there had second jobs.

Advice to Management

Please update your software, office equipment and furniture. It'll be 2013 soon.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Blue collar mentality

I have been working at Lagasse

Pros

Benefits of the parent company.

Cons

Good ole boys club is alive and well - Senior management can't make a decision to save their lives.
    Backstabbing is the norm. Work life balance is non-existent. They talk about the importance of culture - but they don't live it.

Advice to Management

Seek professional help. Learn to listen to the customers and your own people. The sellers are out competing for the business and fending off competition...you would be wise to listen to what we have to say

2. Sr Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Lagasse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers very friendly, Some Sr. mgmt. will mentor you, flexibility in salaried positions. Ability to learn new things

Cons

No security, the ones that do not contribute to the good of the company are rewarded and the ones that made the company money are let go. Communication is a joke and changes are made to procedures without regard to any input to the SME.

Advice to Management

Utilize your internal talent and stop exhausting your good people and demand performance from those not producing. Get over the good ole boy handshake and allow the women with the talent to shine