Lagasse

There are newer employer reviews for Lagasse

Good Job to Settle

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lagasse

Pros

Good salary and comm. structure. Freedom of working independantly, not micro-managed. Company stresses the importance of family time vs. work time.

Cons

Little communication between middle management and corp. executives. The pay structure is changing on a yearly basis.....only to benifit the reps. (sure)

Middle management strong, upper management needs to engage more than once a year with acct. execs., to communicate future changes with more of a timeline, not just springing it on at the annual meeting.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Lagasse (View Most Recent)

They will let you work as hard as you want to.

Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lagasse

Pros

Largely recession proof. People are great to work with and believe in work hard - play hard.

Cons

Senior management often manage by seat of the pants

Listen to the people more. Let the people you hire do their job.

Is it Lagasse or Lagasse Sweet?

I worked at Lagasse

Pros

Nothing really coming to mind...

Cons

For starters, the office building is incredibly small and dusty with half of the rooms on the second floor being unused. They are an incredibly low budget company that uses an outdated computer program called TREND which constantly freezes while you are on a call with one of what seems to be many of their impatient customers.

They have a quick turnover because they only hire through temp agencies and dismiss the notion to actually hire anyone directly. As for the people who have been working there for more than a couple of months (which aren't very many), they remind me of high-schoolers, emailing gossip back and forth all day instead of assisting customers and letting calls build up in queue.

As far as the actual daily tasks, I sat at my desk for 8 hours everyday staring at my computer screen answering questions about janitorial and food service products. It took everything in my power not to fall asleep or completely die from boredom.

The managers like to think they are laid back,but the the truth is they are just silently judgmental if you don't kiss up to them. The pay is very little also, about half of the people working there had second jobs.

Please update your software, office equipment and furniture. It'll be 2013 soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Lagasse