Laird is a company that is shrinking. It is a de-grading and demoralizing place to work.

Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Laird Technologies

Pros

The pay is ok
Facility is acceptable
The people are great

Cons

Laird is a big company that acts like a small company that wants to become a big company. Awkward.
The management group is in-experienced and often makes poor decisions. Anyone that had vision has left the company or is relegated to minor roles.

Your employees are not the enemy. Listen to what they have to say and make them part of the process. They can help to make Laird successful.

Other Reviews for Laird Technologies

Not happy here at all, trying to escape!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Laird Technologies

Pros

Nice co-workers. Good Location. Restaraunt in the building.

Cons

Management is just there to take up space and payroll. Human Resources does everything to protect managment and nothing for the real workers. No feedback on a job well done, only Criticism on what you should be doing better. They expect you to figure everything out on your own and make you feel incompetent when you don't know something that you couldn't have known unless someone showed you. I realize that the reason I've stayed this long is because I've been treated so poorly that I started feeling personally responsible for being treated this way, but thanks to counseling, I realize it's not me. I'm moving on to someplace that appreciates a hard working dedicated employee. Laird's Loss.

Leadership? What Leadership? It does not exist at Laird. How about Controllership. This has been going on for years, why can't upper managment see this? This company is going down hill fast. So much potential and no-one to drive it.

Horrible place to work! Good employees don't have a chance!

Former Employee - Finance  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Finance in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Laird Technologies

Pros

The job Itself I had at laird I enjoyed. There are some nice non-managerial people who work there. They provide heating and air conditioning. My boss never physically abused me. Free parking. No-crime location. If you do what you are told without questioning it, don't associate with managers of other departments, hold back on suggestions on how to improve a process, partake in office gossip, compliment your boss on a daily basis - then laird is the place for you! Congratulations, you're hired!

Cons

No recognition. No perks. No communication. Well, I take that back, sometimes there is communication, however, what was communicated NEVER actually happens, and the reason why it didn't happen, is never communicated! No support whatsoever from upper management. Management discourages teamwork and there is absolutely no training so everybody with the same job does things there own way. We could have learned allot from each other if we were allowed to talk to each other! Sorry, but I just don't have the heart to tell you about their annual review process or the non-existent raises for the hard workers who have integrity.

How do you continue to hold your job! You must feel like the most luckiest people in the world to get away with what you do! For all you do, this review is for you! Right back atcha!

There are newer employer reviews for Laird Technologies.

Worked for Laird Technologies? Contribute to the Community!