Lake County

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukegan, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois)

Pros

Steady employment and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and a pension plan (for vested employees after 7 years) and traditional retirement plan

Cons

Like most government organizations, there is a certain amount of bureaucracy/ stagnation. By and large, though, this is a good employer.

I have been impressed with the level of communication during a challenging budget year. Thank you for preserving people's jobs whenever possible.

Other Reviews for Lake County (Illinois)

Good people, well run

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Lake County for 6 years. Overall, it's a good place to work. Management is very competent and expectations, at least in my department, are well defined. The budget is under control, so I don't fear about being laid off. Co-workers have been great. Excellent benefits and flexible work arrangements. Work life balance is the best I've ever dealt with.

Cons

Like any government agency, there's some politics to deal with. Sometimes bureaucracy impedes progress. Yet, for a government agency things still run pretty smoothly. Pay could be a bit higher, but is competitive.

Keep doing what you're doing, but look for ways to reward those who go above and beyond.

No Appreciation

Current Employee - Senior Public Health  in  Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Public Health in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits working here

Cons

They over work employees and don't show appreciation..

Be more appreciative to your employees. More employee recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for Lake County (Illinois).

Worked for Lake County (Illinois)? Contribute to the Community!