Lake County (Illinois)

www.lakecountyil.gov
  www.lakecountyil.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Lake County (Illinois)

Good people, well run

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Lake County for 6 years. Overall, it's a good place to work. Management is very competent and expectations, at least in my department, are well defined. The budget is under control, so I don't fear about being laid off. Co-workers have been great. Excellent benefits and flexible work arrangements. Work life balance is the best I've ever dealt with.

Cons

Like any government agency, there's some politics to deal with. Sometimes bureaucracy impedes progress. Yet, for a government agency things still run pretty smoothly. Pay could be a bit higher, but is competitive.

Keep doing what you're doing, but look for ways to reward those who go above and beyond.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Lake County (Illinois) (View Most Recent)

No Appreciation

Current Employee - Senior Public Health  in  Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Public Health in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits working here

Cons

They over work employees and don't show appreciation..

Be more appreciative to your employees. More employee recognition.

Excellent view of community mental health systems.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Lake County (Illinois)

Pros

Satisfying work, clinical skills put to good use, team-approach and camaraderie among co-workers, challenging assignments, good benefits package, flexible hours, good working conditions, professional learning opportunities.

Cons

Limited upward mobility due to state budget cuts and constraints and more stringent educational requirements for clinical positions for new hires. High burn-out rate for front line clinicians due to exceptional work load and output expectations given limited resources.

Continue to offer professional opportunities for learning and networking with other community resources and agencies so that employees have additional flexibility and opportunity for advancement in their chosen careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Lake County (Illinois)

Worked for Lake County (Illinois)? Contribute to the Community!