Lake Land College

Ok for entry level

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL

I worked at Lake Land College

Pros

Good place to work for entry level experience within a college setting. 4 day work week in the summer and two weeks off at Christmas.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you are one of the "chosen ones". Most upper-level jobs that open up are already going to someone who has been picked out in advance. Most positions are filled from within. Often, management is not willing to listen to issues/concerns. Frequently turn a blind eye until the problem gets out of hand.

Listen to employees.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Lake Land College (View Most Recent)

Lake Land College - A great atmosphere to work in!

Former Employee - Secretary in Mattoon, IL
    Former Employee - Secretary in Mattoon, IL

I worked at Lake Land College

Pros

They provided a great close knit, family atmosphere to work in. I couldn't have had a better job to work at while attending college!

Cons

I don't feel there were any cons to working at Lake Land College

None at this time

The people are great, the rest not so much.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL

I have been working at Lake Land College

Pros

It's a small feeling work environment. Some departments are better than others and mine is better than most. Most supervisors are understanding about personal needs for time off, etc. There is an abundance of paid time off such as, 4-day work weeks in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas break, etc.

Cons

There is little room for advancement, usually someone is already hand-picked for a job when it's posted, little or no diversity, insurance coverage is expensive and not very comprehensive, the pay is substandard, tuition reimbursement for bachelor's degree and above is limited to $600 per year.

They need to work with existing employees on a career track. Make room for advancement from within for everyone who is interested.

There are newer employer reviews for Lake Land College