Lake Shore Marketing

www.lakeshoremarketinginc.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Lake Shore Marketing

Hard Work + Perseverance = Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is not a huge company with tons of politics and red tape that will prevent you from getting promoted quickly. Many people have moved from entry-level to management in less than a year (think 6 to 8 months), and that same opportunity is literally available to every single applicant that walks through the door.

Cons

Hard work is required to excel at this job. If you are expecting a company that allows you to screw around on the Internet all day then this is certainly not the place for you. However, if you are a tenacious individual then this is a huge opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

You are awesome! Thank you so much for all of your support!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is a Sales Job.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess it looks good on a resume.

Cons

Where to begin. First off- they advertise their company under such aliases like 'LM' or 'LSM' and they say they offer all of these wonderful business opportunities when really all they want you to do is be a direct sales person. They are really discrete and sneaky on convincing the applicant that it is a pretty legit company. Do you know how much turn-over this Company goes through? Probably 80-90% in a year's time. I made the mistake of not doing enough research on this before throwing myself into this company. This is how the average day looks like: You have to meet at like 7:30 am at their office (which they rent out for the mornings..they don't actually own) and they make you stand up and rehearse sales pitches. Then the Boss gives some wonderful little speech to try to convince everyone that what they are doing is worth-while. Then you have to drive almost an hour away to a SAM's club and work god-awful hours to talk to white-trash clientele all day long. The pay is terrible and you barely get reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity. Stop lying about the company.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Owner

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lake Shore Marketing was not in line with our company goals and aspirations. We realize our company may not be for everyone and we truly appreciate your ... More

The internship experience that I gained here is helping me as I search for jobs after graduation!

Former Intern - Event Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Event Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked last semester as an intern for Lake Shore Marketing - as I applied for internships ahead of time, I was so worried about just fetching coffee or filing. I honestly had a blast working at all of Lake Shore's events. I am a hands on person so I loved having hands on training - I didn't want to sit by a desk all day 9-5 so it was perfect! I really did learn an awful lot about marketing and events - it was my third internship during my undergrad, and by far the most educational.

Cons

It is what you make of it - if you're some who has a bad attitude and you're a negative person, of course you're going to have a bad day. In my eyes though, that's someone who needs to be managed. I prefer not to be, thanks!

Advice to Management

The managers were a blast, honestly. I really felt like they lead from the front since it's 100% promotion from within. You could really tell they had been there, done that, and I like that!