Lake Shore Marketing

www.lakeshoremarketinginc.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Lake Shore Marketing

Hard Work + Perseverance = Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is not a huge company with tons of politics and red tape that will prevent you from getting promoted quickly. Many people have moved from entry-level to management in less than a year (think 6 to 8 months), and that same opportunity is literally available to every single applicant that walks through the door.

Cons

Hard work is required to excel at this job. If you are expecting a company that allows you to screw around on the Internet all day then this is certainly not the place for you. However, if you are a tenacious individual then this is a huge opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

You are awesome! Thank you so much for all of your support!

Other Employee Reviews for Lake Shore Marketing

This is a Sales Job.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess it looks good on a resume.

Cons

Where to begin. First off- they advertise their company under such aliases like 'LM' or 'LSM' and they say they offer all of these wonderful business opportunities when really all they want you to do is be a direct sales person. They are really discrete and sneaky on convincing the applicant that it is a pretty legit company. Do you know how much turn-over this Company goes through? Probably 80-90% in a year's time. I made the mistake of not doing enough research on this before throwing myself into this company. This is how the average day looks like: You have to meet at like 7:30 am at their office (which they rent out for the mornings..they don't actually own) and they make you stand up and rehearse sales pitches. Then the Boss gives some wonderful little speech to try to convince everyone that what they are doing is worth-while. Then you have to drive almost an hour away to a SAM's club and work god-awful hours to talk to white-trash clientele all day long. The pay is terrible and you barely get reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity. Stop lying about the company.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Owner

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lake Shore Marketing was not in line with our company goals and aspirations. We realize our company may not be for everyone and we truly appreciate your ... More

Lake Scam Marketing

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time

Pros

You are desperate for money.

Cons

I applied for the position because the advertisement said the position was for event planning. I showed up for the interview and realized that the position was really just a sleazy sales positions. You have to travel to SAMs clubs across Indiana without getting money back. They also tell us that we are payed on commission which is True only if you sell a ridiculous amount of product. They would teach us sleazy sales techniques.The people who worked around me fell for all the stupid stuff they say like, "people who go to SAMs club are rich because they can pay for a SAMs club membership so you will obviously be able to sell to them". This company does not have any values. They lie to their employees and customers.

Advice to Management

Please get some values.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Owner

Lake Shore Marketing is a reputable and ethical marketing company. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not fit your career goals at Lake Shore Marketing. We apologize for the experience ... More