Lake Wales Medical Center

www.lakewalesmedicalcenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lake Wales Medical Center

Think twice before working for that ompany

Current Employee - Nurse in Lake Wales, FL
Current Employee - Nurse in Lake Wales, FL

I have been working at Lake Wales Medical Center

Pros

It is closed to my home. Other than that, the colleagues are very friendly and have a spirit of teamworking. If you want to work either Heart of Florida, Bartow or LWMC, LWMC is better choice to go. Second one is Bartow Hospital, the least is Heart of Florida. ER of Heart of Florida is always flooded with patients. Somtimes it is having 20 holding patients in ER. PCU in HOF is busier and having very sick patients too. My manager in LWMC is pretty good and allows flexibility in scheduling our roster. She is friendly and helpful. She is willing to cross train you if you want.

Cons

The patient to nurse ratio is 7:1 in PCU, very dangerous

not at this time

4 Other Employee Reviews for Lake Wales Medical Center (View Most Recent)

They take very good care of their employees.

Former Employee - Rehab Technician in Lake Wales, FL
    Former Employee - Rehab Technician in Lake Wales, FL

I worked at Lake Wales Medical Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They promote from within, I didn't personally experience this but those around me did. They have a lot of socials with free food and goodies for all employees and they recognize when the hospital is doing well. Very good positive reinforcement.

Cons

There was not many cons. It was just hard to get hours in my department so I had to leave for a better opportunity in a different field.

Keep up the good work and Chris Jesse in the rehab director is a great guy to work for.

I liked it, until I couldn't anymore

I have been working at Lake Wales Medical Center part-time

Pros

Radiology crew is good, I like the managers/director. Great pay, one of the best paying hospitals in the area.

Cons

no room for advancement/additional training. They will hire outside of the hospital, to fill positions instead of training the crew they have. Run by nurses, so don't have any run ins with a nurse, you will be wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Lake Wales Medical Center