Awesome experience

Former Employee - Night Manager  in  Plymouth, WI
Former Employee - Night Manager in Plymouth, WI

I worked at Lakeland College part-time for more than a year

Pros

The interaction with every student and meeting new people every day was a thrill. It taught me different social lessons daily!

Cons

Mainly the hours and compensation being that it was a on campus job I really did not worry about it.

Teach skills that would later on be developed in the work force.

Other Reviews for Lakeland College

No chance to choose your book, learn class opening at the last minute and students want As when they don't deserve them

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Madison, WI

I worked at Lakeland College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and convenient location
    International students smart and hard workers
    Blackboard system works fine, even if it could be better, but might improve in new versions

Cons

Team considering teachers as blue collar workers or meatballs
    US students are arrogant for their level and systematically expect As to keep strangely high GPA always close to 4.0. Far from perfect, they are often of way lower level than foreign students and more demanding, real pains...
    Classes are awarded at the last minute and adjuncts have no say in choosing the books of the class, usually very bad and out of reach for the level of Lakeland students. Besides, pre-class preparation is in consequence reduced to almost zero.
    Way too much time commitment for the pay!

Let the adjunct choose their books, let them know enough in advance when you open classes, and consider them... they are after all your bread and butter considering the very small number of full time professor at Lakeland. Besides, your students are not 4.0 GPAs, open your eyes and grade them as they deserve, for most of them, in the low Bs.

Lake Land College

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty; Math & Sciences Division  in  Mattoon, IL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty; Math & Sciences Division in Mattoon, IL

I have been working at Lakeland College part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, students and work environment. I'm able to teach in a manner which fits my very unique style.

Cons

I'm adjunct and will always be so. No benefits, no tenure, no retirement. Kind of a bummer!

Hire me on as full-time faculty.

There are newer employer reviews for Lakeland College.

Worked for Lakeland College? Contribute to the Community!