There are newer employer reviews for Lam Research

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst Staff in Livermore, CA
Former Employee - Financial Analyst Staff in Livermore, CA

I worked at Lam Research

Pros

Great management, good pay, focused, challenging work. Shouldn't have left, but I was moving to another city.

Cons

Could use some more training up front so it is easier to settle in.

Keep on doing a wonderful job!

180 Other Employee Reviews for Lam Research (View Most Recent)

Working at Lam is extremely high pressure and you are compensated well for it.

Current Employee - Staff Process Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Process Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Lam Research

Pros

Lam research is one of the top companies that manufacture tools for semiconductor fabrication. Lam's plasma etch business is highly regarded and you would have the chance to contribute in this area. You would also gain experience in managing yourself in a very challenging work environment with high demands placed on technical ability and work load.

Cons

The work environment at Lam is fast paced and very little deference is given to work-life balance. If you want to advance, be expected to devote a major portion of your energy to work.

Lam is run too lean. My experience as a process engineer in the lab shows me that many people are loaded up with too much. I see people just checking off to-do lists and not thinking. Many mistakes are made that could be avoided. More is not always better, better is usually better.

Lots of work, but no regrets.

Current Employee - Intern-Tech in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Intern-Tech in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Lam Research

Pros

Lam has a fantastic atmosphere where everybody seems happy to help everybody else in order to succeed even if they're delaying their work some. The company pays well, and for me there was tons of overtime (and double-time for that matter). I constantly had lots of work, but it wasn't dull or tedious. There's much to learn here and become engaged in.

Cons

If you don't like working a lot or long hours don't look here. Lam will take up a good amount of time, which may not be good for you if you have a very active outside life. Also, you pretty much need a PhD to move up the ladder here so if you don't want to get one or don't have the background to get the correct one (chem, nuclear, materials science...) there isn't much upward mobility for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Lam Research