Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey

www.daveramsey.com

Once you realize you're in a cult, it's all downhill from there

ProsThe people who do all the real work. Lampo spends a lot of time interviewing people and does manage to hire some good people, but we're generally paid poorly and are expected to "volunteer" to work extra when things need to be done.

I used to think I was helping people, but now it seems more like I'm just helping Dave expand his ego.

ConsDespite what the HR plants on Glassdoor are saying, it's not a good culture. The mandatory staff meetings do little more than give Dave another platform from which to rant and management a place to pat each other on the back. For someone's who's so into working hard, we have a lot of meetings that go absolutely nowhere.

I've watched Dave get crazier and crazier over the years. From the time he brought a sword and a bat to a staff meeting in which he was angry with The Tennessean to the time he brought a real, working handgun to staff meeting to teach us a lesson about gossip to his inability to humble himself and consider another point of view and railing against other Christians who are too "liberal." And seeing how much he's changed from a decent guy who seemed like he was out to help people to a money hungry control freak.

No one can disagree with Dave. Even some of the best leaders we've had in the company have left. Of course no one knows why because of the "rapture" that happens with many coworkers. People will leave for another job or be fired and you may not notice for weeks that they've gone. And when asked, it's like you're talking about the dead.

I guess I've just watched the place go from something good to something just weird and most of these reviews on here are being put up by HR trying to keep up the "Best Places to Work" facade.

If you're looking for "work that matters," then go work with the homeless or orphans or widows in the evenings or the weekends and get a job with a company that treats you well and respects you as a whole person, not just what you do for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd say to go get a job in the real world and learn what leadership really looks like, then you might see that many of you aren't cut out for leading a team to begin with. Just because you've been there the longest doesn't qualify you for leadership.

Healthy/Fun Environment with People Who Work Hard and Work for a Purpose

I have been working at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey full-time for more than a year

Pros: Respect for the individual (healthy work/life balance) Healthy environment (promotes trust and openness) Has a mission and cause (more than just a "J-O-B") Intentional with company culture and… Cons: Parking Healthcare benefits Can't work from home (for those that prefer that flexibility) First… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Phenomenal Overall but don't expect Disneyland

Senior Director (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey full-time for less than a year

Pros: Missional passion and scale of impact ... it's clear how your work impacts millions of lives each year; Culture of integrity, trust, communication & teamwork;… Cons: The company can become more responsive to market shifts. While the company is a… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a corporate strategy practice; "Corporate Strategy" and "BU Strategy"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey.

Worked for Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey? Contribute to the Community!