There are newer employer reviews for Lancaster General

amazing, It has honestly changed my life.

Current Employee - Guest Services in Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Guest Services in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Everyone from every position is treated with respect.My direct supervisor & manager constantly teach me better ways to respect every individual who walks into our building, it has made me a better person.I feel important and know my job matters. The company does it's best to always acknowledge employees who give their best.Even if you work part time your eligible for benefits And benefits are good,the pay is good and all raises are strictly by job performance.You accumulate both vacation time & sick time by how many hours you work - which I love.They also help you with schooling. And the company is great & well respected in the area & nationally.

Cons

I can't think of anything worth mentioning. My only con is employees who can't be flexible enough to work well with others. You always get a few bad apples in every basket. I hear the same about managers. I feel lucky & honored to have the managers I do.

I think it's admirable that Beeman is serving his country. I think the money he is getting from serving should have been considered instead of receiving such obscene pay from LG while he is away. My brother was in Iraq - he sure didn't get paid by his company here while he was gone and he was just in reserves too.

reviews filtered by

Great coworkers; Greedy management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Lancaster General

Pros

Teamwork within the unit; diversity; free parking

Cons

Management cares only about the bottom line. An extremely profitable hospital, LGH's money goes deep into the pockets of management. Those of us on the front lines can barely get a raise each year -- despite our strong work ethic and the success of our unit. Requests from management for employee input consistently fall on deaf ears. Employees are fed up, and it shows.

Appreciate the fantastic front-line employees you have with more than just lip-service. It it wasn't for our extraordinary and competent work with the patients, LGH wouldn't have the reputation it does.

2. Average

Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Lancaster General

Pros

There were excellent health/dental/vision benefits, along with ample opportunities to build up personal time off. In my personal experience, my manager was very flexible and understanding when personal/family emergencies arose.

Cons

The staff are not always very good at adjusting to change, and following through with goals is not always a priority. There was also blatant judgemental behavior from individuals in 'higher' positions to those that were not as 'educated' as they were.

There are newer employer reviews for Lancaster General