Lancer Hospitality

Former Manager was good - Pay is bad, quality of work is bad

Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality

Pros

The old GM was good to work for. She was very nice, and fair. She is gone now, and I do not know how I feel about the new GM yet.
It is located at the zoo and you can see the animals on your lunch break which can be super fun! We also get cheap/discunted food and coffee. LAst summer I worked all of the Zootunes events. I got to see all of the bands for free, and be outside for my shift.

Cons

Work is hard and HOT in the summer. Really, you will work inside, in a hat, in front of a dump station with no air flow at all! The old GM would bring ice water around for us when the temps were rally high.
The pay is very low and you will not get a raise unless you get promoted, which is hard to do as thee is no room to move up. Other things that I can think of are: zero benefits, high turn over, the kitchen can be rather hostile in mood most days.

Advice to Management

Pay better, understand what the working conditions are and be sensitive to it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Challenging to work for - don't expect praise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality

Pros

The venue was really great and working there was a solid resume builder. I enjoyed the people I worked with except for upper management.

Cons

There was a constant feeling that your job was on the line - constant pressure to perform, to work harder, and more hours. There was never a "good job" but always plenty of criticism.
    Pay is 20%-30% below industry standards which makes the work environment even more difficult to tolerate.
    If you are desperate for a job and take one with this company than keep looking until you find something else - you'll be glad you did.
    If you are in MN it's best not to work in the recreational accounts as the Director of Retail Operations is incompetent but thinks he knows everything - worst kind of person to work for.

Advice to Management

An occasional thank or good job goes a long way.
    Don't act like you are doing a manager a favor by giving them a 4% raise when they are already at a rate which is 20% less than it should be.

Working at Lancer Hospitality was a decent entry-level seasonal job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Lancer Hospitality

Pros

They are pretty nice, friendly, and professional. They pay competitively compared to other places in Memphis. They give plenty of hours for those who want them. They support an ambitious attitude and will support you doing what you're good at.

Cons

They only offer seasonal work which is unfortunate. They have done some things that might be considered underhanded towards their employees. They don't like piercings and tattoos, which is silly considering we're glorified fast food.

Advice to Management

Pick your employees better, train them better, and pay them better. Pick fewer employees and give them more hours. That will keep them motivated if they get paid well enough. That increases performance and customer satisfaction.