Great Experience

Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers and supervisors are typically helpful and friendly. It doesn't pay a whole lot, but they reward the hard workers with raises and promotions. The benefits are good. Working at the zoo was a fun experience.

Cons

It can be stressful if you don't do well with a fast paced work environment. Everyone I knew who worked there before Lancer got the contract for the zoo said it was a big improvement over the other company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Just let go

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lancer Hospitality

Pros

good menu items. working at the zoo. company provided uniforms 50% discount on food.

Cons

Unprofessional leadership, unorganizied supplies messy grounds outside. Big difference in treatment from upper level employees toward new hires. Little promotion or recognition of good work ethic.

Former Manager was good - Pay is bad, quality of work is bad

I have been working at Lancer Hospitality

Pros

The old GM was good to work for. She was very nice, and fair. She is gone now, and I do not know how I feel about the new GM yet. It is located at the zoo and you can see the animals on your lunch break which can be super fun! We also get cheap/discunted food and coffee. LAst summer I worked all of the Zootunes events. I got to see all of the bands for free, and be outside for my shift.

Cons

Work is hard and HOT in the summer. Really, you will work inside, in a hat, in front of a dump station with no air flow at all! The old GM would bring ice water around for us when the temps were rally high. The pay is very low and you will not get a raise unless you get promoted, which is hard to do as thee is no room to move up. Other things that I can think of are: zero benefits, high turn over, the kitchen can be rather hostile in mood most days.

Advice to Management

Pay better, understand what the working conditions are and be sensitive to it.