Land O'Lakes

www.landolakesinc.com
  www.landolakesinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Land O'Lakes

No longer family friendly, it was when I started 10 years ago, and maybe some departments still are, but not mine.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

I worked at Land O'Lakes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Room to learn and grow if your job is very important to you. If you are willing to put all your effort into your job you will go far.

Cons

Your family does not come first. Outdated policies, just remodeled to 1970's open office format, excessive paperwork that no one reads, poor communication, hierarchical work place. The longer you have been there the closer you get to sit to a window. (and bigger desk).

66 Other Employee Reviews for Land O'Lakes (View Most Recent)

ok Company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Land O'Lakes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

benefits, relax atmosphere, stable company.

Cons

opportunities for advancement, minorities have very little opportunities ( look around and there is no minorities in a relevant role)

recruit and retain minorities.

Unbeatable culture, great ideals

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Land O'Lakes full-time

Pros

*My perspective is going to be a bit myopic because I couldn't possibly know the work environment across all departments, states, and among all 10,000 employees.

You can make a positive change working at HQ in Dairy Foods whether you are an experienced veteran or new in your career. Employees are valued and business is growing. Plus advancement opportunities are ahead with a retiring generation. You can be entrepreneurial with your talents. Land O'Lakes is a big company with lots of amenities.

Cons

With the flexibility and opportunities for defining yourself and your role comes a shortfall in structure that some might find unfavorable. Land O'Lakes is working on improving or creating new processes for distributing internal intelligence; for now it would be disastrous if certain jobs were suddenly vacated as no one would know how to fill in.

Also Minnesota winters can be insufferable.

As we continue to raise the bar on performance and continuous improvement, protect the culture here that makes us all enjoy doing what we do. Recognize when you are fighting against someone else's P&L to boost your own and think more holistically.

There are newer employer reviews for Land O'Lakes