LandAmerica Financial Group

OK place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Good benefits package compared to its competitors

Cons

Management was poorly prepared for the down turn in the real estate market

New clients/orders are not the only part of the business; you must also take care of problems such as claims are the level at which they are caused.

19 Other Employee Reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group (View Most Recent)

If you have no other options, it's fine but it won't be a rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Senior IT Manager
    Former Employee - Senior IT Manager

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Decent benefits although I understand that has changed significantly since my departure. If you establish the right connections and stay on the party line, you can advance. There isn't much pressure to do things the right way and a complete lack of focus on continual improvement. So, if you just want to go to a job each day and bring home a paycheck, it's a good place to "hide."

Cons

Lots of politics, lack of direction and support from senior and executive management, incompetent technical leadership. They aren't really interested in ideas from employees. If you publicly stray from the party line, you will be isolated and eventually moved out.

Create a strategy to implement your vision. There seems to be good conversations and a decent vision but a complete lack of a realistic implementation plan.

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

The best reasons to work for LandAmerica are they are not too large of a company where politics and procedures constantly get in the way, but they are large enough to offer plenty of room for advancement. They are very willing to let you explore different career paths within the company. They are very open to ideas and will give you the resources necessary to pursue those ideas. They seem to be very flexible with time off for personal reasons and holidays. The benefits package is pretty good with a decent 401K and health insurance is top notch. All-in-all they are a good company to work for.

Cons

Not really their fault, but because of the current housing market there have been a lot of layoffs. Although I have noticed they will try to move a good employee to another position if their current position has been eliminated.

I cannot really think of anything I would suggest

There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group