LandAmerica Financial Group
www.landam.com Glen Allen, VA 5000+ Employees

A company that should be number one... but is sliding down the ladder.

Prosa large company, which should be better able to weather the housing and mortgage crisis...

ConsManagement's lack of competency and creating issues that have lost significant business for the company. Although you're not always on top in your industry as a company, better business practices and promoting those that are worthy of promotions is a much better way of staying at the top of the list...

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure they would be capable of listening, that's why the company is where it is today, and not looking good for tomorrow...

If you have no other options, it's fine but it won't be a rewarding experience.

Senior IT Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: Decent benefits although I understand that has changed significantly since my departure. If you establish the right connections and stay on the party line,… Cons: Lots of politics, lack of direction and support from senior and executive management, incompetent technical leadership. They aren't really interested… Advice to Senior Management: Create a strategy to implement your vision. There seems to be good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad place to work

Irvine, CA

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: The best reasons to work for LandAmerica are they are not too large of a company where politics and procedures constantly get in the way,… Cons: Not really their fault, but because of the current housing market there have been a lot of layoffs. Although… Advice to Senior Management: I cannot really think of anything I would suggest Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LandAmerica Financial Group.

Worked for LandAmerica Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LandAmerica Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LandAmerica Financial Group CEO Joff Mitchell. All reviews posted anonymously by LandAmerica Financial Group employees.