There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group

Favorite Company to work for

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Glen Allen, VA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Out of all the IT departments for small or large enterprises, LFG was my favorite. Serious, yet personable and fun.

Cons

They filed for Bankruptcy in a short amount of time without warning. Kind of wondered how no one saw it coming or if they did, tried to right the ship.

After Chapter 11 is completed, bring LFG back to life.

18 Other Employee Reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group (View Most Recent)

It was a nice place to work, but the company was not run well for a declining market.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Plenty of room for advancement and they hired from within. Overall was a great place to work, until they filed bankruptcy and sold off to FNF.

Cons

Company was not ready for the decline of the real estate market - cost a lot of people their jobs. Senior management made poor decisions. Odd, everyone could see the end coming, except for the big wigs that steered the company in the wrong direction.

Should have made better decisions putting the company in a better position for when the market started to turn. Our 3 biggest competitors were able to stay afloat - no reason why we shouldn't have.

TOO MUCH TOO FAST

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Immediate supervisors are good people.

Cons

Some members of senior management were openly hostile and insulting towards employees in public. They did not understand or appreciate the jobs done by everyday employees. Money was wasted on bad projects and inefficient new procedures that never have been attempted had they gotten the input of the employees who were responsible for actually doing the work.

We are people, not servants.

There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group

Worked for LandAmerica Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!