Favorite Company to work for

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Glen Allen, VA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Out of all the IT departments for small or large enterprises, LFG was my favorite. Serious, yet personable and fun.

Cons

They filed for Bankruptcy in a short amount of time without warning. Kind of wondered how no one saw it coming or if they did, tried to right the ship.

Advice to Management

After Chapter 11 is completed, bring LFG back to life.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was a nice place to work, but the company was not run well for a declining market.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Plenty of room for advancement and they hired from within. Overall was a great place to work, until they filed bankruptcy and sold off to FNF.

Cons

Company was not ready for the decline of the real estate market - cost a lot of people their jobs. Senior management made poor decisions. Odd, everyone could see the end coming, except for the big wigs that steered the company in the wrong direction.

Advice to Management

Should have made better decisions putting the company in a better position for when the market started to turn. Our 3 biggest competitors were able to stay afloat - no reason why we shouldn't have.

2. LandAmerica, a decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Good place to work, training is adequate and the pay is about average. The atmosphere is casual, laid back, and mostly everyone is friendly.

Cons

Not that it was totally their fault, but management could have been better prepared to deal with the economic crisis. It is surprising that such a large corporation could fall under hard times in the housing market; but again, not entirely their fault.

Advice to Management

I think the communication between senior management and the employees needs improvement. It is important that they know who works for them, personally.