LandAmerica Financial Group

Beware of Landamerica

Former Employee - Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer in Carlsbad, CA
Former Employee - Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

This company offers a great benefits package and lots of choices for health insurance providers. They offer a great 401k matching if you have been there for the required amount of time.

Cons

Typical large corporate environment. You are just looked at as a number, limited advancement opportunities, quick to lay off workers if the company's stock isn't performing. More concerned about profits than employee loyalty

Get rid of Richard Niefe and the escrow management in San Diego. He makes promises and doesn't deliver. Doesn't give a rats a@@ about their employees.

19 Other Employee Reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group (View Most Recent)

LandAmerica is in trouble

Current Employee - Research Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

LandAmerica has been very understanding when giving me the time off I have requested.

Cons

Wages for employees have been frozen, yet management has voted 2 million dollar bonuses for some of the top people. I have been with this company for almost several years and I have yet to see even a christmas card much less a bonus. We are being given ideas to cut expenses shuch as turn off the lights in the office and use the lights from the windows, while our bosses are flying to vegas for conferences and golf. The reasons for promotions have more to do with who is your buddy than how much you work or know.

Communications are key, while you talk about communications being important you fail to follow through.

ok experience

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

Great HR deparment that are always available. Great at communicating information to their employees. Opportunity to learn more by providing learning resources.

Cons

Pay is not great and the cost of health insurance seems high. The raises are very low to non-existent.

Better response to the needs of employees concerns. Improvement of pay and better opportunity to advance within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group