LandAmerica Financial Group

www.landam.com
  www.landam.com
There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group

Build Great Lives is the motto, but please live by it.

Former Employee - Business Process Implementer (Project Manager) in Covina, CA
Former Employee - Business Process Implementer (Project Manager) in Covina, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

In the industry, they are probably the company that will lay you off last, meaning holding on to there staff longer.

Cons

Don't expect Tenure or Experience to be part of the decision when it is time to let people go. It seems like the corporate office picks names from a hat and that is who goes.

The work and dedication from the heart can come from the experienced and highest tenure employees. Even though these may be the higher paid, these are the ones willing to go out of their way to do the job. Think that employees that came from an acquired company, have their roots still with the company.

19 Other Employee Reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Beware of Landamerica

Former Employee - Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

This company offers a great benefits package and lots of choices for health insurance providers. They offer a great 401k matching if you have been there for the required amount of time.

Cons

Typical large corporate environment. You are just looked at as a number, limited advancement opportunities, quick to lay off workers if the company's stock isn't performing. More concerned about profits than employee loyalty

Get rid of Richard Niefe and the escrow management in San Diego. He makes promises and doesn't deliver. Doesn't give a rats a@@ about their employees.

LandAmerica is in trouble

Current Employee - Research Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros

LandAmerica has been very understanding when giving me the time off I have requested.

Cons

Wages for employees have been frozen, yet management has voted 2 million dollar bonuses for some of the top people. I have been with this company for almost several years and I have yet to see even a christmas card much less a bonus. We are being given ideas to cut expenses shuch as turn off the lights in the office and use the lights from the windows, while our bosses are flying to vegas for conferences and golf. The reasons for promotions have more to do with who is your buddy than how much you work or know.

Communications are key, while you talk about communications being important you fail to follow through.

There are newer employer reviews for LandAmerica Financial Group