LandAmerica Financial Group
www.landam.com Glen Allen, VA 5000+ Employees

Not a bad place to work

Irvine, CA

ProsThe best reasons to work for LandAmerica are they are not too large of a company where politics and procedures constantly get in the way, but they are large enough to offer plenty of room for advancement. They are very willing to let you explore different career paths within the company. They are very open to ideas and will give you the resources necessary to pursue those ideas. They seem to be very flexible with time off for personal reasons and holidays. The benefits package is pretty good with a decent 401K and health insurance is top notch. All-in-all they are a good company to work for.

ConsNot really their fault, but because of the current housing market there have been a lot of layoffs. Although I have noticed they will try to move a good employee to another position if their current position has been eliminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot really think of anything I would suggest

Build Great Lives is the motto, but please live by it.

Business Process Implementer (Project Manager) (Former Employee)
    Covina, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: In the industry, they are probably the company that will… Cons: Don't expect Tenure or Experience to be part of the decision when it is time to let people… Advice to Senior Management: The work and dedication from the heart can come from the experienced and highest tenure employees. Even though these may be the higher paid,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Beware of Landamerica

Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: This company offers a great benefits package and lots of choices for health insurance providers. … Cons: Typical large corporate environment. You are just looked at as a number, limited advancement opportunities, quick… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of Richard Niefe and the escrow management in San Diego. He… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LandAmerica Financial Group.

Worked for LandAmerica Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LandAmerica Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LandAmerica Financial Group CEO Joff Mitchell. All reviews posted anonymously by LandAmerica Financial Group employees.