LandAmerica Financial Group

www.landam.com

If you have no other options, it's fine but it won't be a rewarding experience.

Senior IT Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits although I understand that has changed significantly since my departure. If you establish the right connections and stay on the party line, you can advance. There isn't much pressure to do things the right way and a complete lack of focus on continual improvement. So, if you just want to go to a job each day and bring home a paycheck, it's a good place to "hide."

ConsLots of politics, lack of direction and support from senior and executive management, incompetent technical leadership. They aren't really interested in ideas from employees. If you publicly stray from the party line, you will be isolated and eventually moved out.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a strategy to implement your vision. There seems to be good conversations and a decent vision but a complete lack of a realistic implementation plan.

Build Great Lives is the motto, but please live by it.

Business Process Implementer (Project Manager) (Former Employee) Covina, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: In the industry, they are probably the company that will… Cons: Don't expect Tenure or Experience to be part of the decision when it is time to let people… Advice to Senior Management: The work and dedication from the heart can come from the experienced and highest tenure employees. Even though these may be the higher paid,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Beware of Landamerica

Escrow Branch Manager/ Senior Escrow Officer (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I worked at LandAmerica Financial Group

Pros: This company offers a great benefits package and lots of choices for health insurance providers. … Cons: Typical large corporate environment. You are just looked at as a number, limited advancement opportunities, quick… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of Richard Niefe and the escrow management in San Diego. He… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LandAmerica Financial Group.

Worked for LandAmerica Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!