Great Work Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Landau Associates

Pros

Very nice people. great teamwork environment. management open to new suggestions even from junior engineers.great potentials for growth for young engineers.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons except that the location of the company is not as accessible as other companies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. NOT a great place to work

Former Employee - Environmental Professional in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Environmental Professional in Edmonds, WA

I worked at Landau Associates

Pros

-Some of the people there are really great people and very smart
    -Free breakfast on Wednesdays are a nice touch
    -Cake Day every month is good too, I suppose, if you're not concerned with your diet
    -Benefits package is good

Cons

Unfortunately, several people within the upper management have huge egos and are disrespectful to many people. Some are even just out right mean, and yell at others on occasion. Several complaints have been made about them, but executive management does nothing and their actions condone the bad behavior. There is a "good old boys club" within executive management that often results in placement of unqualified people in positions of power.
    The staff in general does not trust the management of the company.
    In the past three years, I can count over 30 people (out of ~100 total employees!) who have left the company. They fail to retain good people. Their actions do not align with their supposed core values.
    The atmosphere is very negative and oppressive and people have a hard time standing up for themselves because of the fear of being bullied. Those who have stood up are ignored and treated even worse.

Advice to Management

I'd offer advice, but unfortunately they don't take any constructive criticism well because their egos just can't take it. Overall, if they want to improve, they need to get rid of several people at the top and not allow disrespectful/mean/rude behavior. They need to adopt a policy of being nice and respecting EVERYONE in the company - if they did so, they would see that they could be so much more successful because good people would not leave, people would be more motivated and loyal, and clients would notice more stability and not want to fire them.

2. Enjoyable company to work for

Current Employee - Engineer in Edmonds, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Edmonds, WA

I have been working at Landau Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Wide range of projects, opportunities for growth, great location, employee ownership, great company culture, not very hierarchical

Cons

The pay could be a little better, but lower billing rates might be what makes the company very competitive, especially given its size

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management at this time.