There are newer employer reviews for Landis+Gyr

Good company with world class financial management team.

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

A new global management team that should be more innovative and forward thinking than the previous team. This company has the right work ethic and has earned an enviable industry reputation for supporting their customers.The company also has a global footprint, but is strongly North America focused as can be seen in the product development cycle.

Cons

I don't believe the company spends enough time innovating and looking for tomorrow's solutions, instead of chasing the next big thing announced by it's core competitors. They need to examine what their core really is and if it still exists, as they interpret it, in the marketplace. Also, the ownership structure of the company makes the firm ineligible for some US domestic RFPs.

Advice to Management

Push the envelope, by developing the people you have and attracting the people you need. The old industry that is not the new industry. Your customer has changed, as your customer's customers are beginning what will be a tremendous change. The only things impeding this revolutionary change is regulation and oversight. Be mindful of the political and bureaucratic currents that influence your industry. Being complacent and not anticipating change will leave you flat footed and in the position of chasing your competition once again. Also, loosen your definition of who your competition is. Are the big meter makers/network companies really the competition of the future, or is it that start-up that is trying to kill the meter? Or, does L+G want to be the firm to kill the meter? Just my simple thoughts.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Technical expert

I have been working at Landis+Gyr full-time

Pros

good work environment and nice people

Cons

growth chances are slow hhhh

2. Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Landis+Gyr full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits and bonuses are great for salaried employees and, if lucky, you might work for a manager who is truly interested in your advancement. I had a great manager and great team mates. Met a lot of nice, friendly people outside my department.

Cons

The commute of course. After all, this IS Georgia!