There are newer employer reviews for Landmark Aviation

The skills and job related experience which I brought to this employer are not utilized to their potential.

Current Employee - Line Service Technician
Current Employee - Line Service Technician

I have been working at Landmark Aviation

Pros

If you enjoy working in an outdoors, aviation related environment, then working as a Line Service Technician provides you with a skill set which you can use no matter where you need to live. There's always a general aviation FBO somewhere close by.

Cons

Local management fails to acknowledge my skills aquired over many years of general aviation line service and especially my Health, Safety & Environmental Protection management experience as they only allowed me to work as an entry level Line Service Technician with an entry level salary while promoting far less and indeed, unqualified coworkers without even posting promotion opportunities for a fair assesment of our fitness for a particular position. Economic times being tough as they are, I have to accept this underemployment. The equipment is old, neglected and unreliable which leads to embarassing service failures and presents the potential for accidents/injuries.

Advice to Management

As opposed to simply promoting an employee because he/she has been there for a little while, post job openings so that a fair competion which results in the best qualified candidate may be successful within the company. Have a structured safety program where the local safety representative reports to the Corporate Safety Manager instead of local base management. This will prevent safety issues such as worn out and unsafe equipment from being swept under the rug.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Company with growth potential

Former Employee - Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Landmark Aviation

Pros

Growing company with many avenues for career growth in aviation. The company is a fast paced trendsetter in the aviation industry and is one of the largest service providers in the U.S.

Cons

As the company has grown there has been a somewhat reduced focus on customer service, which is the key differentiator in this industry among competitors. The core group of site managers is very committed to customer service at the location level.

2. HR

I worked at Landmark Aviation

Pros

Great benefit plan and reasonable salary

Cons

Do not readily listen to nor adapt employee suggestions