Landmark Aviation
landmarkaviation.com Houston, TX

The skills and job related experience which I brought to this employer are not utilized to their potential.

Line Service Technician (Current Employee)

ProsIf you enjoy working in an outdoors, aviation related environment, then working as a Line Service Technician provides you with a skill set which you can use no matter where you need to live. There's always a general aviation FBO somewhere close by.

ConsLocal management fails to acknowledge my skills aquired over many years of general aviation line service and especially my Health, Safety & Environmental Protection management experience as they only allowed me to work as an entry level Line Service Technician with an entry level salary while promoting far less and indeed, unqualified coworkers without even posting promotion opportunities for a fair assesment of our fitness for a particular position. Economic times being tough as they are, I have to accept this underemployment.

The equipment is old, neglected and unreliable which leads to embarassing service failures and presents the potential for accidents/injuries.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs opposed to simply promoting an employee because he/she has been there for a little while, post job openings so that a fair competion which results in the best qualified candidate may be successful within the company.

Have a structured safety program where the local safety representative reports to the Corporate Safety Manager instead of local base management. This will prevent safety issues such as worn out and unsafe equipment from being swept under the rug.

Wonderful Workforce

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart, hardworking workforce! Makes coming to work and wanting… Cons: There are a few executive management level folks hired who lacked what seemed like basic; situational awareness, communication skills, customer service skills, and general (sound… Advice to Senior Management: Turn over is costly to the bottom line. Ask a Customer what they truly see at Landmark. I think they would tell you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great fast paced, community-like work environment. No two days are the same.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Landmark Aviation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great human resource department during the new hire process and a full month of training. Although you perform the same tasks everyday, each day feels… Cons: If you are not a good multitask-er this is not the job for you. It gets extremely busy at times and you have to be… Advice to Senior Management: I highly consider hiring from within. I have seen people who deserve to be promoted be passed up for someone who was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Landmark Aviation.

Worked for Landmark Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Landmark Aviation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Landmark Aviation CEO Dan Bucaro. All reviews posted anonymously by Landmark Aviation employees.