Aggravating

Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Line Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Landmark Aviation

Pros

It is great to work around aircraft.

Cons

Landmark tries to be a big time FBO at a small town airport. Some of the policies don't let you get the job done. They need to hire more people. They say they will support you with good equipment, but that is only for the main location. The sub locations around the airport get left out and have to put up with worthless equipment.

Advice to Management

Don't fly in from across the country, tell me how things operate at my airport after 2 hours, and then balk at me when I say I need things done in a certain way. You make the job harder because you won't listen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Accounting

Former Employee - Charter Accountant
    Former Employee - Charter Accountant

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any.

Cons

Revolving door in accounting department. Lost many good people due to poor management.
    Top Mgt at HQ had no idea what was happening at the different sights and no desire to figure it out which ends up with threats of lay-offs. Temps continue to fill positions. By far not a professional place to work.

The skills and job related experience which I brought to this employer are not utilized to their potential.

Current Employee - Line Service Technician
    Current Employee - Line Service Technician

I have been working at Landmark Aviation

Pros

If you enjoy working in an outdoors, aviation related environment, then working as a Line Service Technician provides you with a skill set which you can use no matter where you need to live. There's always a general aviation FBO somewhere close by.

Cons

Local management fails to acknowledge my skills aquired over many years of general aviation line service and especially my Health, Safety & Environmental Protection management experience as they only allowed me to work as an entry level Line Service Technician with an entry level salary while promoting far less and indeed, unqualified coworkers without even posting promotion opportunities for a fair assesment of our fitness for a particular position. Economic times being tough as they are, I have to accept this underemployment.

The equipment is old, neglected and unreliable which leads to embarassing service failures and presents the potential for accidents/injuries.

Advice to Management

As opposed to simply promoting an employee because he/she has been there for a little while, post job openings so that a fair competion which results in the best qualified candidate may be successful within the company.

Have a structured safety program where the local safety representative reports to the Corporate Safety Manager instead of local base management. This will prevent safety issues such as worn out and unsafe equipment from being swept under the rug.