Landmark Transcription

There are newer employer reviews for Landmark Transcription

Good Company

Current Employee - MT/ME
Current Employee - MT/ME

I have been working at Landmark Transcription full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours, they work hard to keep you busy at what you do well. Very nice people to deal with. They seem to value their MT employees. I do like the small company atmosphere, and I especially like that they leave you alone to do your work. No micromanaging!

Cons

Communication is spotty. I believe they're understaffed in administration, especially in the area of account supervisor. I would also like to see more put into training for new accounts.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with employees!

reviews filtered by
  1. Used to be good, but now not so much.

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Saint Davids Post Office, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Saint Davids Post Office, PA

I worked at Landmark Transcription

Pros

Flexible schedules. That is the only pro.

Cons

Overstaffing of accounts, horrible communication, highly disorganized, only one person running the entire company, no opportunities for advancement , no vacation time, and no benefits

Advice to Management

Stop overstaffing accounts and make sure that your current employees have plenty of work before even considering hiring more staff. Also, add more management staff. Each account should have an account manager assigned so that MTs can have a direct point of contact for their account(s) who is easily accessible to answer any questions. Stop having only one person running the entire company. It's not working. Also, creating account manager positions will open up opportunities for advancement for your employees. You may also want to look into providing your hard working employees with some paid time off and a decent benefits package. If you do these things, you will find that people will stay and you won't have such a high employee turnover rate. All of these issues are the reasons why I left this company. Currently, Landmark is a dead end street.

Working for Landmark

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Saint Davids, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Saint Davids, PA

I worked at Landmark Transcription full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy platform to use. Not a lot of hassle on the job; allowed to work without interruptions. Decent pay for experience.

Cons

One person controlling workflow, therefore not getting to do familiar voices over and over, therefore working hard to obtain line count. Owner is nice but somewhat scattered.

Advice to Management

Be professional and on top of benefits and what is affecting your company. Take suggestions from employees as to what would help workflow run better.

There are newer employer reviews for Landmark Transcription