Do NOT apply

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Willing to work with the schedule of another job, if a day off is needed (but only if you are well liked).

Cons

Favoritism, lack of communication, lack of praise (but quick to reprimand), double standards, lack of management qualifications, quick to remove a problem instead of trying to fix it.

Advice to Management

Learn to lead (not just manage) and communicate with all members of the team. Watch the empty promises and how they reflect badly on you when they are brought to light as being empty.

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

Intimidation Management Style

Former Employee - Corporate Legal Department in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Legal Department in Houston, TX

Pros

Decent discounts at restaurants. That is it, no other pros or reasons that I can think of to work at Landry's.

Cons

Upper Management uses fear and intimidation as their management style. When Downtown Aquarium first opened, management required the corporate office employees to assist on opening weekend. We showed up at the DT Aquarium and were informed that we would not be paid for working that weekend. Just one example of many where management treats employees as servants.

I have work in the Service industry for over 10 years and Laundry's is the worst!

Current Employee - Server (Charthouse Restaurant) in Dana Point, CA
    Current Employee - Server (Charthouse Restaurant) in Dana Point, CA

Pros

Option to work evenings only so you can go to school or have a day job good food great co-workers Wonderful guests beautiful view to gaze at while working

Cons

lower management overworked, grumpy, and stressed inconsistent money due to over scheduling call shifts (you could get a schedule with all call shifts for the week!!!) stressful environment and hard to give good service due to having to get the manager involved in everything you do. 1 or 2 managers for a huge restaurant. Managers getting pulled in every direction. Senior management runs the restaurant and makes decision without hardly ever being there and wouldn't bother to ask servers, hostesses, bussers, etc of what was really going on. HIGH TURNOVER OF SERVERS Lots of unhappy employees - including lower management side work could take over an hour at times - management always rushing you to get off clock, but not understanding that you have a million things that need to get done (and I for one wanted to get them done correctly)

Advice to Management

Know what is going on in your restaurants better. Talk to FOH and BOH on what could create a better working environment and weed through the problems. Give servers more autonomy and trust - I for one know how to do my job and shouldn't have to get a manager to split a check for me, transfer a table for me, etc. Finding a manger to do this takes a lot of time and guests are upset when they are left waiting for something I could have done in less than a minute. Make your employees happy and feel appreciated because if you do that they will want to work harder for you. If you don't do something to even out call shifts then people will start filling for unemployment due to the amount of call shifts. This is what happens when you over hire. People will catch on that they have the right to file for unemployment for days lost.