Landry's

www.landrysinc.com
  www.landrysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

A flexible job with great pay per hour - perfect for a student, artist, or musician.

Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Landry's

Pros

They are completely flexible as to how much or how little you want to work. Taking time off is SUPER easy and convenient. When you do work, the money is great per hour. If you're not making any money, they send you home so you don't feel like you've wasted time.

Cons

Management can be a little overbearing and they are ridiculously and unnecessarily strict about the uniform. You can not wear more than ONE ring and ONE bracelet. Absolutely no "abnormal" hair colors including certain shades of red and nothing two-toned. I understand it being a family restaurant but I feel like having dark red highlights in your hair is not going to take away from the atmosphere or brand identity.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

A wonderful experience,I enjoyed working there because it was a friendly environment.

Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy in Miami, FL

I worked at Landry's

Pros

Team work is exhibited in a fast pace organized fashion,from employees to management the entire staff comes together to make sure that the guest are happy and satisfied with the service they recieve. Great location and also discounts on food.

Cons

No lunch breaks, Always busy, on your feet for entire shift.

I enjoyed being a foodrunner/busboy while working for a management staff that takes pride in their work. I appreciate the opportunity and I most certainly would not mind working at the Crab House Restaurant again.

From Top to Bottom: This company cares nothing for their employees

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good experience in high volume environment and in specialty restaurant. Learn how to run a successful business.

Cons

I can only speak from experience in Grapevine Rainforest Cafe, from the GM to FOH managers, if you don't fall into their click or belief system, they will do their best to get rid of you. If your like me, and think for yourself, have an opinion, treat your employees fairly, and don't like to be micr-managed. This is not the company for you. From the VP to the GM, to them your expendable and replaceable and you don't need to have an opinion because they will give it to you. So if your a corporate "YES Man" this will be perfect for you, but if your a bit of a Maverick don't bother with these people because they will make your life miserable. By the way I am not a disgruntled employee, this is fact and not opinion so word to the wise.

They are a strong company but if you value quality of life, this is not for you. I worked on average 10 days on 1 day off, 60 plus hrs or more weekly. They kept on asking for more. Only thing that matters to them is the bottom line, not the individual working their tales off.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's