There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

They have given me valuable experience

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landry's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free lunch, discounts on food & retail, covered parking, proper controls in place, and okay benefits

Cons

Lack of advancement, low salaries compared to industry standards, poor corporate culture, lack of communication from management, expensive insurance, cramped cubicles

Don't micromanage employees. Make the company more family friendly and allow for more flexibility in schedules and time off.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

Got out as fast as I could

Former Employee - Restaurant Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Restaurant Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great job for someone without a degree. I worked in the corporate office and they hired people with prior DWI's, people without degrees, etc for accounting positions.

Cons

No room for advancement. You are stuck in your position even if an opportunity opens up and management promises you the opportunity. Office politics and overall negative attitude. Cafeteria food is terrible and the insurance plan is absolutely insane. $120 per paycheck for one person to be covered on health insurance, that is insane! Fertitta does the bare minimum when it comes to contributing to the health plan and salary levels, and does not match any 401 K contributions.

Ticket seller

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Kemah, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Kemah, TX

I have been working at Landry's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Good summer job
    2. Friendly management
    3. Friendly crew members
    4. Cool uniform
    5. Minimum wage (or better) to start
    6. Management is pretty good with giving you the time you need off as long as you put in your time off requests two weeks in advance. If they absolutely need you, then they'll still schedule you - from that point on, it's your responsibility to get someone to work your shift.
    7. Good advancement opportunities but... (See #3 in cons)
    8. Discount is pretty nice (50% off on rides and restaurants owned by Landry's Inc.; 30% off retail; discount on hotels owned by Landry's Inc., but there are blackout dates)

Cons

1. Don't always get timely breaks
    2. Management can sometimes be uptight
    3. ...many who are already in management (Leads, Supervisors) are only in high school or starting college.

Give breaks in a timely manner. Listen to our needs and suggestions...it'll make us happy and make upper management happy. Implement a First Aid Station and Information Center at the Boardwalk.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's