Landry's

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Do NOT work here

Former Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Landry's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

50% off food at all their restaurants, but they charge you $9.50 every 2 weeks out of your paycheck!!!!!

Cons

Greedy company who could give a crap less about their employees. Overworked, disorganized, yell at managers all the time which trickles down to the managers taking out their disdain for the company on the lower employees. I worked for Claim Jumper for 7 years, I loved my job before landrys afterwards I dreaded the thought of going to work.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

Landry's could care less about you as an hourly employee

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Denver, CO

I have been working at Landry's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This was hard to come up with anything really besides the fact that they were flexible with my schedule

Cons

this place will literally suck the pride out of you I worked at the Aquarium Denver for almost 4 years. Management is so worried about meeting quotas for non-food items that only make the company money and "guests" un-happy. The other staff of servers and bartenders were called "salespeople" by our managers at the Aquarium in Denver, told we were not servers or waitstaff and then threatened to 2 table sections if we didn't sell select cards.(Usually we have at least 4 tables) This seems against the law in some way.

Pull it together, listen to your employees A LOT more and maybe you'll save money on training so many new employees. That revenue you spend on training would probably suffice the few extra pennies your trying to make with these select cards. Try having a little appreciation for all that money we make you to put gas in your yacht Tillman!!!!

They have given me valuable experience

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landry's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free lunch, discounts on food & retail, covered parking, proper controls in place, and okay benefits

Cons

Lack of advancement, low salaries compared to industry standards, poor corporate culture, lack of communication from management, expensive insurance, cramped cubicles

Don't micromanage employees. Make the company more family friendly and allow for more flexibility in schedules and time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's