Landry's

www.landrysinc.com
  www.landrysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Bearable for a short term job, but would not recommend long term

Former Employee - Bartender in Hollywood, CA
Former Employee - Bartender in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Landry's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% off of meals at any Landry's concept.. IF you pay the 18 dollars a month to pay for the privilege; popular name recognition of restaurants so generally pretty busy.

Cons

Management seemed ridden pretty hard by the upper level management which trickled down to the employees. They seemed to expect million dollar results for paying managers low salaries and making them micromanage everything in the restaurant that probably results in high burn outs. In my personal opinion, the company seem okay with maximizing profits at the expense of the lower ranked employees and food they serve. I did not get the sense that the company cared at all about the well-being of the employees or ways to incentivize selling Landry's select cards or merchandise.

There seems to be a low morale among the managers, wait staff and kitchen in this company. As someone who used to enjoy my job, Landry's just seems to give the impression that employees are expendable. I'm not certain that many employees like feeling this way and are all that motivated to sell merchandise, up-sell or give stellar customer service when your employer could care less if you're mentally and emotionally thriving. But again, I realize it's a large corporation and it just seems like it's the name of the game. If you are in the hospitality industry, I would recommend this company as a quick fix to pay your bills, but I wouldn't recommend advancing in this company long term. Be prepared to have pretty impossible workloads and stress in conjunction with a low salary.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

This is like Shananigans, Dirty Deeds

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Landry's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you don't want to have a home life then this company is for you!!!
    You get to share your tips with the CEO, on a daily basis!

Cons

They cheat employees and their guests.
    They really don't sell you what the menu reads.
    I can get better food from Aldi's.
    it was once a superior restaurant then Landrys bought it out.
    Everything is now canned and frozen.
    They say you are eating filet sandwiches at the bar but it is really top round choice beef.
    They use the cheapest products available.
    They know that their products are inferior but they really don't care.
    Don't bother writing a complaint to corporate because they do not read it. They really don't care.

What are you doing their...

cost cutting bean counters

I worked at Landry's (more than 3 years)

Pros

A stepping stone. Tillman does a good job of sucking money out of his restaurants, and souls out of his employees.

Cons

Negative culture from the top down. Treat employees as expendable commodities. Benefits are a joke. Positive re enforcement not in their vocabulary. Corporate decisions made in a vacuum- complete disconnect from customers and employees. Managers are constantly under pressure from supervisors. Ridiculous obsession with selling their buy in rewards card to customers, seems to be the only metric they care about.

If you want to improve products or services, listen to your customers. If you want to improve operations, listen to your employees on the ground. Of course, in order to do so you'll first have to pull your heads out of your own asses, so start with that.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's