There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Bearable for a short term job, but would not recommend long term

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Hollywood, CA
Former Employee - Bartender in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Landry's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

50% off of meals at any Landry's concept.. IF you pay the 18 dollars a month to pay for the privilege; popular name recognition of restaurants so generally pretty busy.

Cons

Management seemed ridden pretty hard by the upper level management which trickled down to the employees. They seemed to expect million dollar results for paying managers low salaries and making them micromanage everything in the restaurant that probably results in high burn outs. In my personal opinion, the company seem okay with maximizing profits at the expense of the lower ranked employees and food they serve. I did not get the sense that the company cared at all about the well-being of the employees or ways to incentivize selling Landry's select cards or merchandise.

There seems to be a low morale among the managers, wait staff and kitchen in this company. As someone who used to enjoy my job, Landry's just seems to give the impression that employees are expendable. I'm not certain that many employees like feeling this way and are all that motivated to sell merchandise, up-sell or give stellar customer service when your employer could care less if you're mentally and emotionally thriving. But again, I realize it's a large corporation and it just seems like it's the name of the game. If you are in the hospitality industry, I would recommend this company as a quick fix to pay your bills, but I wouldn't recommend advancing in this company long term. Be prepared to have pretty impossible workloads and stress in conjunction with a low salary.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

cost cutting bean counters

I worked at Landry's for more than 3 years

Pros

A stepping stone. Tillman does a good job of sucking money out of his restaurants, and souls out of his employees.

Cons

Negative culture from the top down. Treat employees as expendable commodities. Benefits are a joke. Positive re enforcement not in their vocabulary. Corporate decisions made in a vacuum- complete disconnect from customers and employees. Managers are constantly under pressure from supervisors. Ridiculous obsession with selling their buy in rewards card to customers, seems to be the only metric they care about.

If you want to improve products or services, listen to your customers. If you want to improve operations, listen to your employees on the ground. Of course, in order to do so you'll first have to pull your heads out of your own asses, so start with that.

Do NOT work here

Former Employee - Server  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Landry's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

50% off food at all their restaurants, but they charge you $9.50 every 2 weeks out of your paycheck!!!!!

Cons

Greedy company who could give a crap less about their employees. Overworked, disorganized, yell at managers all the time which trickles down to the managers taking out their disdain for the company on the lower employees. I worked for Claim Jumper for 7 years, I loved my job before landrys afterwards I dreaded the thought of going to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!