Landry's

www.landrysinc.com

STORE LEVEL ADMIN FOR BGSC SUBCONCEPT OF LDRY INC.

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Madeira Beach, FL
Current Employee - Administrative in Madeira Beach, FL

Pros

Working for one of the few Landry's subconcepts that allows for a store-level ADMIN (Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.) I've had a great opportunity to support multiple LDRY CORP departments in accounting and human resources, while still helping maintain the culture and team based values of Bubba Gump at a beautiful waterfront location. I've had the pleasure of working with tremendously talented and helpful managers from the Houston Corporate office, Landry's acquisition of BGSC in 2010 let our company grow quickly, and has provided us with cutting edge HRMS like Menu Link, Sales Force, Oracle, and KOFAX. I couldn't have asked for better tools to utilize in my first professional position.

Cons

Most Landry's subconcepts DON'T have ADMIN positions, so the constant concern of "will I be eliminated" looms. LANDRY'S REALLY knows how to run a business! Store-level support of their strict employee benefit requirements (35 hour average to qualify for paid vacation is difficult in a seasonal hospitality environment) and gaining employee buy-in of biweekly dining program deductions in a room of stone-faced new hires (already hurt from the announcement of J-1 Visa partnerships and $5 daily parking,) can be pretty intense. The biggest CON is only that in order to grow my position I'll need to move to Houston, or transition to Front Management, neither are viable for me!

ENCOURAGE SUBCONCEPTS WITH STORE-LEVEL ADMINS TO VALUE THEIR GATEKEEPERS, we are TOP LINE support, stuck on the BOTTOM LINE. They impact the staff, support FOH and BOH management, and have a great regional support network of other ADMINS to use as additional resources. We are substitutes for busy General Managers, that's why many of our job descriptions are swapped out for GM, IN THE MANAGER OPERATIONS MANUAL.

Other reviews for Landry's

Server

Pros

Good pay for a summer server job. Galveston is a fun place to work/live during the summer months

Cons

Large workload and can get overwhelming if you do not have the dedication for it.

Overall, not too bad. A bit of politics between certain workers could be removed

Best Restaurant Company To Work For.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

The on-site gym is nice, very fun and relaxed workplace with parties and social events, and very relaxed dress code with being able to wear jeans everyday.

Cons

Work-life balance is not really that good but it is a restaurant company, low paying company with not very competitive pay when it comes to comparable jobs with other companies.

Investing in your employees may serve you well in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's.

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!