Landry's

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Glad I left.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with.

Cons

Upper management was terrible. Racist. Sexist.

Clean house. But you won't so. Nevermind.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

I've had enough!!!

Former Employee - Waitress in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

50% employee discount at any Landry's location nationwide

Cons

Management is EXTREMELY unprofessional, hourly employees (90% of employees) don't get holiday pay or time 1/2 for working on holidays, crewmembers are required to work on EVERY holiday, when they need you they will overwork you, when they don't need you they will give you NO hours and wont care how you pay your bills, all they care about is saving/making a dollar, many shifts are worked w/o a break.

Learn how to appreciate your employees. Without the employees you would not be able to run the business properly.

This place is killing it's employees

Current Employee - Market Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Market Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Landry's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My direct manager in my department gives everyone a flexible schedule. That's nice I suppose.

Cons

1.Uncaring management:
       -the Landry's location I work at divides the building into the restaurant upstairs (2nd floor) and the shop downstairs (1st floor). If the manager for downstairs is not working at the moment and we require a manager access for a feature it might take as much as 15 minutes for a manager to finally respond from upstairs even if we say a guest is waiting.
       -workplace conditions for the first floor are a joke. With guests constantly arriving and leaving in steady stream, the doors are open more often than not. That being said, the restaurant refuses to provide either air conditioning in the summer or heat in the winter. By company policy, we aren't allowed to wear coats over uniforms in the winter and without heat the store sits at less than 50 degrees all winter and at night can be as cold as 20 INSIDE. And yet our general manager scowls at us if we ask for heaters and when asked if the broken air curtains will be fixed she tells us it is too expensive for the restaurant. The VP for Landry's made a visit about two months ago and after two minutes in the shop said it was ridiculous for us to be working like this. However, his trip ended and weeks later we are still faced with an unmoving GM.

2. Little to no chance of moving up
       -when I first started we had a market manager who was fairly absentee. The assistant manager did almost all of the work and as such that's who everyone went to for issues or help. When the manager finally just quit, the assistant manager worked and worked, jumping through a ton of hoops as the manager position was dangled in front of him, after six months of him being the interim manager and doing a good job at running the store, they brought in someone who didn't even have experience in this type of setting. Yes they have management experience but not on the scale that this restaurant requires of you.
       -despite the fact that I've been a good employee for nearly two years here, asking for a raise is out of the question. Even though I'm told how good I do in the market and am praised often, I am not able to receive a raise as they have to come from our GM who immediately fires down any request.

When we are hired at Landry's we are required to memorize the "top ten" which are rules governing behavior of how to treat the guest and each other. I think it would be good if management followed those rules as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's