Glad I left.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with.

Cons

Upper management was terrible. Racist. Sexist.

Clean house. But you won't so. Nevermind.

Other Reviews for Landry's

This place is killing it's employees

Current Employee - Market Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Market Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Landry's full-time for more than a year

Pros

My direct manager in my department gives everyone a flexible schedule. That's nice I suppose.

Cons

1.Uncaring management:
       -the Landry's location I work at divides the building into the restaurant upstairs (2nd floor) and the shop downstairs (1st floor). If the manager for downstairs is not working at the moment and we require a manager access for a feature it might take as much as 15 minutes for a manager to finally respond from upstairs even if we say a guest is waiting.
       -workplace conditions for the first floor are a joke. With guests constantly arriving and leaving in steady stream, the doors are open more often than not. That being said, the restaurant refuses to provide either air conditioning in the summer or heat in the winter. By company policy, we aren't allowed to wear coats over uniforms in the winter and without heat the store sits at less than 50 degrees all winter and at night can be as cold as 20 INSIDE. And yet our general manager scowls at us if we ask for heaters and when asked if the broken air curtains will be fixed she tells us it is too expensive for the restaurant. The VP for Landry's made a visit about two months ago and after two minutes in the shop said it was ridiculous for us to be working like this. However, his trip ended and weeks later we are still faced with an unmoving GM.

2. Little to no chance of moving up
       -when I first started we had a market manager who was fairly absentee. The assistant manager did almost all of the work and as such that's who everyone went to for issues or help. When the manager finally just quit, the assistant manager worked and worked, jumping through a ton of hoops as the manager position was dangled in front of him, after six months of him being the interim manager and doing a good job at running the store, they brought in someone who didn't even have experience in this type of setting. Yes they have management experience but not on the scale that this restaurant requires of you.
       -despite the fact that I've been a good employee for nearly two years here, asking for a raise is out of the question. Even though I'm told how good I do in the market and am praised often, I am not able to receive a raise as they have to come from our GM who immediately fires down any request.

When we are hired at Landry's we are required to memorize the "top ten" which are rules governing behavior of how to treat the guest and each other. I think it would be good if management followed those rules as well.

This company will break the strongest person!

Former Employee - Servers
    Former Employee - Servers

I worked at Landry's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I loved the other in house employees
    I worked with.

Cons

Where to start! The company prides them self on degrading their employees and actually coach their management to do the same. They blast their management on conference calls and emails in front of other management from different stores to humliate them so they try harder. Not uncommon to bring their managers to tears. They buy the cheapest quality food and alcohol to have higher profit. They run skelton crews and have servers, busers and dishwashers prepping and running expo so there more profit to make. This company charges the server 3% of credit card sales to pay for the fees that the credit card companies charge for their services. They charge you $18 a month to have "free"soda and 50% off if you eat their. It is pushed apon you with a threat to keep your job. If you drop it you get yelled at. Your job depends on how many Landrys Select Cards you sell. It is a ruthless company that does what they can to take advantage of anyone and everyone they can. They run run a real life Monoply game buying up sinking restaurant chains and close all concepts that they are not able to purchase the building from. They care about realeste and not people. They could care less about their customers or their employees. There is NO integrity or morals in this company and as a result there is a lot of theft. Mangers steal tips from servers and product and blames the "hourlys". Horrible company full of horrible people that run it. Run fast and don't look back!

They would not listen or do anything to change, so not point in commenting.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's.

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!