Landry's

www.landrysinc.com
  www.landrysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Landry's owns well-run corporate restaurants, but has room to improve.

Current Employee - Server, Trainer in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Server, Trainer in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Landry's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Landry's is a large enough company to allocate financial and human resources where needed and where deserved. The GROWTH program for managers ensures a standard of professionalism and accountability. Individual stores maintain systems-based daily operations and statistics-driven employee value assessment, taking the human subjectivity out of decision making. Landry's has efficient labor management and schedule flexibility. Performance expectations for servers and managers are higher than in other restaurant groups.

Cons

Being such a large company, Landry's can be alienating to entry-level workers. Turn-over in non-managerial positions is high, and hiring needs sometimes outweigh the need for experienced and qualified candidates. As with most successful companies, the bottom line trumps most other concerns. Changes are implemented slowly.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

Do not ruin your resume by working for this company.

Former Employee - Operations in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I worked at Landry's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. Well, If I have to write something, I guess my co-workers were cool. I mean we were all miserable together.

Cons

Everything! Constant nagging from Regionals. Having yourjob threatened if you don't sell their stupid Landry Select Club memberships for $25 a piece. Zero benefits from the program. Had to run the floor with no host or busser on a daily basis due to corporate greed. Having to pay to be on the company discount program...lame! No personal life at all. Expected to be at work 14 hours a day and when you are off, your cell is constantly ringing. I could go on for days about how horrible this company is. Glad I left.

Respect your employees.

Accounting Assistant

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. A ot of employee perks working for the company.

Cons

pay and benefits is more for entry level. Good for someone who is starting out, but low for professional level.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's