Landry's

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

Average experience

Former Employee - Server
Former Employee - Server

I worked at Landry's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Because I worked up front I had cash in my pocket daily

Cons

Very hard to move around in the company EVEN though there is a lot of turnover???

Executive Management needs to catch up to the 22nd Century :)

134 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

ATROCIOUS! CHEATED ME OUT OF $$$ RUN FROM ANY OFFERS

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales & Marketing Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Landry's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros? I cannot think of one!

Cons

I worked as a Sales & Marketing Manager for Morton's in King of Prussia. My training was set up on the fly, with someone who have never trained before, and was thrown into it. I cannot fault my trainer because they only put me there to save the expense of sending me to a "training location" at which I would incur travel expenses. The GM of my location had NO concept of how to motivate people which I thought was a trait of his, only to find out the corporate culture is one that has ZERO concern for its employees. Note to management: if you don't care about your employees and in turn they are not hospitable or have concern for your guests...THESE TWO THINGS ARE DIRECTLY RELATED!!! DUH!! I reported issues with my GM to upper management who seemed to take action but these this was all smoke & mirrors...NO IMPROVEMENTS! Not even a glimmer of hope that issues I addressed would ever be resolved.

The management mantra, of King of Prussia and the company overall seems to be: MANAGE BY WHO YOU CAN THROW UNDER THE BUS. There is ZERO accountability!! I found out from many long term employees, that when Landry's acquired Morton's they did so only to buy the company cheap, cut all corners, and only care about money. They do so with upper management that tries to squeeze blood from a stone rather than having any care or concern for employees who are directly responsible and capable of producing profits.

NOTE TO ANY CURRENT EMPLOYEES/MANAGERS: DO NOT GIVE TWO WEEKS NOTICE WHEN RESIGNING!! YOU WILL BE CHEATED!!! Most everyone knows that the proper/appropriate thing to do is resign professionally by providing two weeks notice. I did and got SCREWED. I found a job in my field (pharma) and after I felt there was no resolution to the issues I brought to upper management, chose to resign, and did so in writing, by a professional letter with concise information: I did not burn bridges or "put them on blast". In my position I had a very paltry salary and earned commission on business I booked. I explained I was not going to a competing business or company and asked to work at least the following week out of commitment to my clients. I booked and managed Private Dining Events and sold the largest event the restaurant had all year: at the slowest period of the year, a great win. The day after RESIGNING (I make this point, because I was not fired, they had no cause against me) I was walked to the door by the GM like I was a criminal. I was told I would only be paid for that day (not buying me out for the 2 week notice I gave!) and I was told I would not be receiving the commission for the event TWO DAYS LATER that was worth about $500!!! THIS COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT ARE AWFUL!!

* If you are going to be so stingy and cheap and only care about bottom line revenue, show concern for your employees & managers by creating an environment where employees are valued and appreciated

* Do not be reactionary: the only time any upper management jumps in or pays attention is when issues arrive. Proactive management will ELIMINATE DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEES

* Here is a concept NOBODY in the company understands: HAPPY EMPLOYEES DO BETTER WORK AND CREATE BETTER EXPERIENCES FOR CUSTOMERS WHICH RELATES TO BETTER PROFITS!!

* When paying reimbursable expenses, do so at AT LEAST the IRS standard. When I received my expense reimbursement it did not even cover my gas expenses!!

* YOUR HEALTH BENEFITS SUCK!!!

* PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR HOLIDAYS!! Yep, no paid holidays. And I am talking about the big ones, federal holidays like July 4th, Christmas, etc. In any other company you either get paid for the holiday or receive a holiday pay rate...not at Morton's/Landry's. NOTHING!!!

Detail oriented. No quality of life.

Former Employee - General Manager in Kemah, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kemah, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay. Opportunity for advancement. I learned more about business, financials and PnL analysis than I did in 3 years of college. Leader of the restaurant industry. If you buy in and are willing to learn it will discipline you to be a very detail oriented manager.

Cons

No work life balance or quality of life. The insurance is down right disrespectful. A slap in the face. The company has a very aggressive and intense style of management. That combined with a detail oriented mind set can create a negative work environment. It's not uncommon to get yell at or cussed out for having a light bulb burnt out in your restaurant. 50 hour work week minimum. Usually 60. Not uncommon to work 70. Generally, I don't think employees and managers feel very valued. Money is the only language these guys speak.

Take care of your people with more than just money. Treat people with respect and dignity. Respect people's family and quality of life. Mr. Fertitta needs to step up and get his managers a decent insurance premium that doesn't completely break the bank.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's