Landry's

Good company

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's

Pros

Landry's offers its employees many benefits at corporate. Employees are given a week of vacation after only 6 months of employment, and offers health care at a reasonable rate, 50% discount at most of its restaurants like Saltgrass (mmm good) Landry's, Babins, 25% at its signature restaurants like Grotto, La Griglia, Willie G's, Pesce, Brenner's, and Vic and Anthony's , and an onsite gym. Office holiday parties were also a great addition to the job.

Cons

Movement up in the company is slow, and can be a challenge if you don't speak up to your supervisors about interests of doing so. Pay wasn't so great at least for the position I held.

Fair compensation to employees.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Landry's (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for with good leadership and employee concern.

Current Employee - Server in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Landry's

Pros

Very well established company with good management and leadership. Discount on dining and hotel accommodations. Easy transferability within company. Treated with respect and excellent training. Permanent but flexible scheduling for servers. Monthly performance reviews and rankings allow fast movement up to higher income potential. Professional and personal management at my location.

Cons

Incomplete benefits package for hourly tipped employees. Not full medical coverage but more of a supplemental help out. Very high turnover at restaurant level, but this is an industry-wide problem. No idea about possibilities for advancement or promotion. Company goals or vision are not made clear at the restaurant level.

To get more involved in educating all employees about what is going on in the company. Making a clearer vision for the company apparent.

I worked as a cashier at Pleasure Pier,KFC,Jack in the Box/Galveston/TX.

I have been working at Landry's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I know your working discipline.I got so much experience both in my country and yours.I have advanced level english.
    Also I've customer care skills.I got some ideas about your culture so It's really important for you to care about customers.Im patient and kind.So ı can deal with it.

Cons

Nothing except I can not more than 7 hours if ı dont eat.Because when I'm hungry i feel so nervous.

There are newer employer reviews for Landry's