There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Dodgeville, WI
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dodgeville, WI

I have been working at Lands' End

Pros

Really great benefits, including a great employee discount, on-site fitness center and back-up day care. Lots of great programs on site, from employee only sales, to family events, to fitness programs or hobby workshops.

Cons

Unless you have a full-time permanent position, it can be hard to get hours when it's not busy, but if it's busy it's easy to pick up extra shifts.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Lands' End (View Most Recent)

Not living up to the hype...At least to me.

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Reedsburg, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Reedsburg, WI

I have been working at Lands' End

Pros

Awesome pay for what we do. Getting to talk to customers and take orders on the phone for a dbl digit pay is well, very lucky I think.

Cons

The small amount of un-paid hours we get. We live in WI for crying out loud. Snow storms, hello! You can't get out of your drive way yet, they expect you to still come to work, you can't sometimes, and poof 8 hours of un-paid gone! Another con- taking us 30 hours of work to build ONE un- paid hour! Well give me MORE than 8-16 hrs to work in a week and that 30 wouldn't sound so miserable to build up!...... I've worked at Land's End for several years now. When I first started I realized you had to work, work, work and hard. That's fine. You get hired at a job, you are expected to be good. I would give up all of my time to them during their peak hours. My nights, weekends, days, whatever. I always went the " extra" mile for my customers. Constantly doing the GGT's and trying to " up-sell" ( although, when I was hired that was NOT part of my job description) I was doing everything right. Yet, my monthly scores that we receive from our " leads" geee, just weren't up to par. They focused too much on negative....The negative was small, yet they made a MOUNTAIN out of it! .I would never get a " hey, great job for driving in that horrible snow storm at 25 mph risking your life to sell our product" Instead just got the typical stare down like I always do when entering that place. Others have talked about " great" "family atmosphere" well, I wish I worked there! Here it seems to be who you know or who's butt did you kiss right!......There is ZERO communication skills there. I'll ask a person of " authority" a question..turn around ask a different person and get a totally different answer! Bottom line for me, I stay for the pay and the wonderful customers! I Walk in with my head down to the floor, hurry to find a place to sit and do my job. And when my lead calls me up to do a " review" always expect to hear the negatives. I've never had anything different. Even though I do everything I'm suppose to do. I just won't ever understand why they just can't give a little praise for a job well done....To me at least.

I really have absolutely nothing to say. One thing I've learned from working at Lands End is if you do actually say something , nothing changes and you now look like a jerk. ...again for ME where I work. That is MY exp.

Good growth within the company, although the direction given from SHC is restrictive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dodgeville, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

I have been working at Lands' End

Pros

Great family environment. Great work-life balance. Great culture. Lands' End is a relatively fun place to work, and feel that my accomplishments have been recognized.

Cons

Heavily influenced by SHC, which is driving Lands' End to its grave. They restrict growth and investment, but still give impossible goals. A very reactionary department with little foresight.

Being 100% reactionary leads to errors and lowers morale. Run the business, and prove to SHC that we have what it takes.

There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

Worked for Lands' End? Contribute to the Community!