There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

Fun college job

I have been working at Lands' End

Pros

Working at Lands' End has been a great experience so far. My manager understands and reminds that family and school come first, so I have no problem getting time off. Plus, someone else is always willing to pick up hours. I love the team I work with.
Also, because we're not just cashiers, our quota for credit applications is much lower. And we get the same discounts as Sears employees which is very good on clothes.

Cons

Hours have been low lately, but I think that's normal for this time of year. As far as I can tell, unless you come in as a manager, there's no upward movement and the pay is minimum wage.

I've worked in several Sears stores, and they were all in poor condition and dirty. Our computers and registers are ancient and awful. Take a look at what Kohl's has. I was in one recently, and their systems are a lot better (though I'm not that fond of the touch kiosks, they work). Thank you for the small improvements slowly being made to the site though.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Lands' End (View Most Recent)

For a place that was the best place around to work at....

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Lands' End

Pros

For the area, the pay is good and the benefits average. For the most part, hard working middle class people who genuinely care for each other and have pride in their jobs.

Cons

Indecision, late changes!!!! Management does not seem to care anymore about what rolls down hill. Many late decisions resulting in lots of late nights and weekends for the worker bees with little recognition. Was told, this is what these tough economic times call for. With the amount of hours I put in working on salary, I would have made more money per hour working in the warehouse. No bonuses the last couple of years and tiny raises.

positive

I have been working at Lands' End

Pros

positive, upbeat, disire excellance, employee friendly

Cons

strong seasonal company, great place to work if you can work your way up

There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

Worked for Lands' End? Contribute to the Community!