There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

From a 15-year employee... Great at first, but a dead end for most.

Former Employee - Middle Management (Multiple Divisions)
Former Employee - Middle Management (Multiple Divisions)

I worked at Lands' End full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generous paid time off progression as years passed. Enormous and beautiful on-site gym/health club -- free for employees and family. Discount on clothing. The founder, Gary Comer, truly cared for the community and his employees and built a great company.

Cons

Sadly, the founder is gone. Minimal (if any) raises or bonuses since Sears purchased the company. Unrealistic expectations from executives and senior management has led to very low morale in many areas of the company. Revolving door for many professional positions.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and reward the employees who are already there. Focus on what Lands' End used to do best... Quality products and great customer service. Stop trying to become a "global lifestyle brand" ...it's kind of a joke.

Other Employee Reviews for Lands' End

Working with my co-workers.

Former Employee - Embroidery Associate in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Embroidery Associate in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule Friendly Co-workers Clean Environment

Cons

Favoritism from management Not being able to move up to full time with a great review year after year.

Advice to Management

Do not play favoritism and reward hard work.

Miserable

Former Employee - Analytics in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Analytics in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to move within the company is present.

Cons

During first two years of my employment, I witnessed the last little bit of the "Gary Comer" philosophy being drained out of what was once a top notch company. Sound business practices, accountability, fairness, and professionalism were present, but slowly waning. During the last 2 1/2 years of my employment, the Sears "money-first' mentality was making people selfish, greedy, and back-stabbing. Management spent all their time trying to fudge their numbers to make themselves look good and were too busy with meetings to spend time managing their teams. They often took credit for the work others did, without recognizing the people who did the work. The company took advantage of people by not paying them more but constantly expecting them to do work that was above their wage grade with compensation. I caught my boss in multiple lies, spending company time doing personal work, and doing things that were unethical,

Advice to Management

Put the customer first, employees second, and the profits will follow. Work with your people, don't use them! If you are going to advertise that you offer higher quality, then make sure it is - consumers are not stupid.