There are newer employer reviews for Landstar System

No organizational structure

Former Employee - Dispatch Associate  in  Salem, OR
Former Employee - Dispatch Associate in Salem, OR

I worked at Landstar System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours, good job, fast paced. If I needed something then the owner would get it for me.

Cons

Constantly pulled in two different directions, One wants me to do one thing the other wanted me to do something different. They were not on the same schedule when it came to giving me a job. The pay stunk. chauvinistic/egotistical mentality. They worked for a bad company and they had the same environment in their office.

Form a chain of command, Come up with a policy & procedures manual. Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Show respect for your employees.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Landstar System (View Most Recent)

Great Company and work environment

Current Employee - Information Services  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Information Services in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Landstar System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity for progressing, great peers

Cons

None of the top of my head

None of the top of my head

It's a good place for beginners to learn the Freight Brokerage Business

Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Landstar System

Pros

They provide excellent online seminars. It's a leading name in the Transportation Industry

Cons

They play "favorites". They do not provide a level playing field for all their Agents. Unless you are one of their "chosen few" you cannot cover any Military Freight. Other Landstar Agents stab you in the back and steal your customers. The Landstar Revenue Processing Department does not tell you if there is a problem with any of the billing to the customers - you have to find it out for yourself after they cut off the customer credit for non-payment of bills. Upper Management does not listen very well - heck! Upper Management does not listen at all!

Provide a level playing field for all the Agents - not just your chosen few. In this tough economy, you need to allow all of us to be able to work with the Military - especially the more experienced Agents and the ones who have freinds/family in the Military who can provide opportunities. Listen to what your people are saying!

There are newer employer reviews for Landstar System

Worked for Landstar System? Contribute to the Community!