Overall a good place to work.

Former Employee - Interpretalk Coordinator  in  Horsham, PA
Former Employee - Interpretalk Coordinator in Horsham, PA

I worked at Language Services Associates

Pros

It's easier to get hired since no one is full-time, and the atmosphere is probably a little bit lighter as a result of that. For most people it's a second job, and since they pay well above minimum wage, you can do pretty well as long as you have a full time job, or if you are in school and live at home. I thought most of the supervisors were pretty nice. You were definitely expected to not slack off, and they verified that through checking your call statistics. That was actually a good thing, because it meant that everyone was sharing the work equally (unlike some places I've worked, where a small percentage of the people do a large percentage of the work). The coordinators were also all very helpful and they are good coworkers. LSA does some cheesy things to raise employee morale, and I appreciated it. I think they did a good job creating an image of the nice atmosphere that they wanted for the company and for the coordinators.

Cons

You can only work part-time. Other than that, I think it's a perfectly fair exchange in terms of labor for dollars.

Other Reviews for Language Services Associates

Telephonic nterpreters need to strive for competitive salary.

Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Language Services Associates

Pros

Ability to be trained and work from home. From the comfort of your house you can work in a highly regarded career without the expense of a wardrobe, commute, gas and parking expense. This company will train and give you all the resources necessary to perform well.

Cons

This company offers one of the lowest per minute salary regardless of the ability, training and documentation required to perform it. Many of their interpreters have court qualified status, have been working for them for some time, are in the list of several judges and companies as preferred interpreters, have bachelors, masters and even PhD;s but their pay continues to be the same as recently hired, non-professional, non-degreed interpreters.

Need to revisit per minute offer based upon years of service, experience and interpretation quality and accomplishments. Everyone is the same across the board.

Sub standard

I have been working at Language Services Associates full-time

Pros

Good, over qualified people stuck in menial jobs.The people/employees make this place a bearable company.

Cons

Very low pay. Very highly educated employees are paid a little more than the minimum wage. Company expects employees to keep taking on additional responsibilities and work in any and all department to help them, but they do not compensate the employees accordingly. They try to take advantage of employees all the time, but very cleverly avoid the legal implications. Surely, on paper, they may not get into trouble with labor laws. They advertise an opening with a different title, but then then when they offer the job, it is another story. They hire an employee for a certain job with a set of roles and responsibilities, but they soon change them and almost corner the employee to take on completely unrelated set of roles and duties. A person hired to do administrative job is asked to take on a customer service role or a designer hired for graphics, is asked to work in marketing. People are always felt underpaid and exploited, but keep silent because of a bad job market. The company asks for self-evaluations to be submitted yearly, but never evaluate or increase pay which they say would happen yearly. They sneakily avoid the evaluations and pay raise and pay raises are an even bigger joke. Employee has to keep on top of it or the company gets away with it. The company benefits are next to nothing.

The management only cares about numbers and does not realize that people come first. We do not care about the $10.00 gift cards that you throw at us every now and then, just give us a fair pay. Start paying industry standard salaries and you will see that happy, stress- free, satisfied employees can make the numbers look better.You might think that the market is saturated with new graduates and so you can get away with hiring those kids at a low pay all the time, but if you have a long term vision, you should know that good quality employees will help the company grow in the long term.

There are newer employer reviews for Language Services Associates.

Worked for Language Services Associates? Contribute to the Community!