There are newer employer reviews for Language Stars

Great Company

Former Employee - Design Coordinator in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Design Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Language Stars part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
Fair pay for part time
Great Marketing Director
Creative Freedom
Casual work environment
Understanding of new technology
Acceptance of new ides
Effective Communication

Cons

Lunch must be eaten at desk even during slow times
Not honest with their budget
Must smile all the time, to the point where it hurts sometimes

Keep growing your markets and don't be afraid to try new designs for promotions.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Language Stars (View Most Recent)

Working at Language Stars has been positive and engaging right from the start!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Language Stars

Pros

I love that I work with people from over 20 different countries to achieve our mission. Feedback sharing is strongly ecouraged, which allows for improvements of a process/system/form/etc. regularly and thus the opportunity to put your thumbprint on the business. Finally, I see results of my work each day and with positive results comes career opportunities.

Cons

The benefits outweigh the challenges by far, but there times where the days are long (which happens at every company) and many include constant interruptions which can make it difficult to complete focused work.

It is all about the program and no consideration for teachers

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Language Stars as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The teachers were very nice, dedicated to their work and very docile and obedient. The fast pace of work and exhausting workload did not allow for social interaction but everyone was very compliant even when asked things that did not pertain to the teaching per se. Most teachers and trainers depend on the company visa to work at this company and are willing to accept to do things that go beyond the scope of the job description.

Cons

The majority of the teachers are foreign-born and dependent of the company visa. Given this situation very few would dare raise concerns on the excessive demands put on teachers, for example, the excessive number of studends per class, the extra work required of teachers, the assesment of students, the recruiting of students, the vacuuming of the classrooms at the end of the day, the trash collection, etc. A work day of 4 full classes ends up being an exhausting 10-hour work day with no extra pay or overtime. But if your work permit depends on the company, you do not dare to complain and the company knows that and keeps adding work to their teachers. In the US we have a word for that behavior....

Pay attention to your teachers. You have no business if you do not have dedicated teachers. And Be Fair!

There are newer employer reviews for Language Stars