LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com

Convenient, work from home job opportunity; low salary and few fringe benefits.

Current Employee - Customer Service Interpreter  in  San Juan, PR
Current Employee - Customer Service Interpreter in San Juan, PR

Pros

Work from home is a big plus. The pay in Puerto Rico maxes out at 8.50 hour with 2/3d health plan covered and other benefits as required by law (paid vacation and paid sick time). Excellent opportunity to gain customer service skills.

Cons

After first promotion its very difficult to gain any other advancement or salary increase.
Scheduling of work shift can and will change dramatically within a 12-hour window selected by employee.

Extend more benefits to employees, offer larger performance rewards based on evaluation results.

Other reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

O.k as a place to start.

Former Employee - Spanish Interpreter  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Spanish Interpreter in Miami, FL

Pros

Obtained experience as a Spanish interpreter.

Cons

I was unable to obtain any training towards medical certification.
    No raise ever and don't even think about it.

worked under threat of getting laid off as I refused to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor.

Former Employee - Interpreter  in  Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

Pros

Work from home, so no added expense of traveling back and forth to work.
    Work in the comfort of your PJs.

Cons

No respect for interpreters, as they speak in a very condescending way.
    They never communicate with you, only to complain about feedback from an irate customer.
    Their recruiter is infinitely rude, if she does not hear what she wants. She offered for me to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor ($30/hr to $11/hr), no paid vacation and no benefits, when I “politely” declined the offer her tone changed completely to rude and condescending with a hint of threat.
    They have a very limited understanding of the requirements of the different dialects and how some are not mutually intelligible even if they fall under the same language. There was no department to handle that, no matter how often I pointed out that their customers’ needs could be improved by paying attention to such cultural details.
    They have no regards for experience or education. It’s a company that is driven by greed. They charge their customers an arm and a leg for their services, and yet they refuse to adequately pay their employees. A Starbucks barista has a more comfortable situation with potential for growth and a higher pay rate with a mere GED.
    I would not recommend working at LLS.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions.

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!