There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Micromanagement Hell!

Current Employee - Interpreter
Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You can work in your pj's and you don't have to spend gas money or time commuting. That's about it!

Cons

You will earn minimum wage, won't have holidays off and there are no paid sick days either. Vacation time is also unpaid (and yet it is restricted to 2 weeks a year and subject to their approval), and just as described by many other employees, you can count on your managers being disrespectful. Basically, they will give you only what they are forced to give you by state law, and nothing else.

Chances are you will not have an opportunity to move up, either. You will never be informed when a position opens, and you can only start receiving benefits at the management level. In other words, you will do all the work for minimum wage, and those who sit in an office listening to you and critiquing your calls will get the benefits you're not entitled to.

When you're talking to us, remember we are professionals too, not your servants. Be polite.

And as many others have said, we are the force that keeps your engine running. It does not make sense that the ones doing the hardest work won't get the same benefits as those sitting at an office 'supervising'.

117 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Horrible job injury from the Internet phone they provided, company irresponsible, still suffering with pain, cannot work

Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator
    Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home. Some calls are interesting and challenging.

Cons

Low pay, no respect, very irresponsible company. The company installed a new Internet phone system as a pilot program in 2006, tested on real people, and people complained about ear pain, and they did not let us stop using the system until I sustained severe ear nerve damage. Workers' Comp was a joke, not enough compensation ($50/month). My medical bills are over $500/month (total over $70,000 in 6 years), and no sympathy from the management, they did not take the responsibility. LLS eventually fired me, and I am still suffering from pain, and unable to work. I want my life back!

You need to treat the interpreter nicer, and give them what they deserve. You need to take responsibility when your new phone system causes damage to a person. You have no idea how much pain I went through from the injury caused by the RDI system. You know the system caused my injury because you stop using the system right after my injury. It changed my life, and my family and I are still suffering from it. I cannot believe that I wasted 10 years of my life for a company like this. Your company takes advantage of many innocent people.

There is no opportunity for growth whatsoever.

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home, other than that, nothing

Cons

no benefits
    no sick time
    no vacation time

management must value their human capital

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!