LanguageLine Solutions

Good Experience to Start But No Place To Stay

Current Employee - WAH Interpreter
Current Employee - WAH Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from Home opportunity
Ability to Set Schedule (only at the begining)
Payment for hours work like clockwork

Cons

Low Pay
No Benefits
Unpredictible Schedule
Non Responsive Management/Supervisors

This is a good opportunity for someone that wants to start in the Interpreter Industry but that is it. The expectations of management for employment performace is in no way reflective of the pay given to employees. The feedback provided by supervisors is ambigous sometimes. You have a Manager that rarelly will interact with you since they have layers of other Senior Reps that should be able to answer you questions. Whenever you take time off, even previously approved, it shows up as being absent. I have not been able to get an answer if that would eventually impact the performace of an employee. Most of the time you will not know what your schedule for the next 2 weeks would be until the week before. So planning for future events becomes a hazardous process. You are exposed to a variety of situations that will allow you to expand your knowledge. But on the other hand, the company expects employees to have high stardards and dedicate time on their own to improve their skills without getting the compensation that high quality work deserves. Work for LLS at your own risk. Also make sure that if you accept an offer that you give them whatever days you would like off for the next year to ensure that you do get them off. Also you must keep track of the training time to ensure that you are paid for the time spent.

147 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement Hell!

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You can work in your pj's and you don't have to spend gas money or time commuting. That's about it!

Cons

You will earn minimum wage, won't have holidays off and there are no paid sick days either. Vacation time is also unpaid (and yet it is restricted to 2 weeks a year and subject to their approval), and just as described by many other employees, you can count on your managers being disrespectful. Basically, they will give you only what they are forced to give you by state law, and nothing else.

Chances are you will not have an opportunity to move up, either. You will never be informed when a position opens, and you can only start receiving benefits at the management level. In other words, you will do all the work for minimum wage, and those who sit in an office listening to you and critiquing your calls will get the benefits you're not entitled to.

When you're talking to us, remember we are professionals too, not your servants. Be polite.

And as many others have said, we are the force that keeps your engine running. It does not make sense that the ones doing the hardest work won't get the same benefits as those sitting at an office 'supervising'.

Horrible job injury from the Internet phone they provided, company irresponsible, still suffering with pain, cannot work

Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator
    Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home. Some calls are interesting and challenging.

Cons

Low pay, no respect, very irresponsible company. The company installed a new Internet phone system as a pilot program in 2006, tested on real people, and people complained about ear pain, and they did not let us stop using the system until I sustained severe ear nerve damage. Workers' Comp was a joke, not enough compensation ($50/month). My medical bills are over $500/month (total over $70,000 in 6 years), and no sympathy from the management, they did not take the responsibility. LLS eventually fired me, and I am still suffering from pain, and unable to work. I want my life back!

You need to treat the interpreter nicer, and give them what they deserve. You need to take responsibility when your new phone system causes damage to a person. You have no idea how much pain I went through from the injury caused by the RDI system. You know the system caused my injury because you stop using the system right after my injury. It changed my life, and my family and I are still suffering from it. I cannot believe that I wasted 10 years of my life for a company like this. Your company takes advantage of many innocent people.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions